The first electronic music I've ever made.

GooeyGus

Hi everyone,
I've played music (guitar, trumpet, drums etc) my whole life, but just recently decided I wanted to buy a midi keyboard. 30 days ago I bought an axiom 49, cubase and a couple plugins and decided I would give it a shot. It has been a HUGE (really... huge...) learning process, but here's what I've come up with after messing around for a month. Let me know what you think!

:cool:

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2013 at 04:39 PM ----------

Almost 200 views and the 'played' count on my soundcloud page hasn't even increased by one. I wonder if embedding it messes with it somehow?

Anyway, I would really appreciate some feedback. I have no idea if i'm doing well for 30 days or if it sounds like crap (to other keen ears, not your average Joe's) in terms of the mix, EQ, compression etc etc.

Anyway thanks for checking it out!!

Thanks! Yeah i'm trying to switch up some of the sounds like you suggested. I've found that working with this genre, sound design is the hardest freakin part! I feel like I just diddle around for a few hours and then suddenly strike gold with a sound, but have no reliable means of getting what I want every time. I guess that just comes with experience!

---------- Post added 07-07-2013 at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-03-2013 at 04:19 PM ----------

Update! Been working on this like crazy, made an into and changed up the beat quite a bit. Also added a name! Check out the her version, its miles ahead of the last but still very much a work in progress.

Electrepic by GooeyGus on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Back