Feels - Feat Elin

this is a powerful track. I like it. I couldn't really understand the lyrics though. But they sound nice. Its not necessarily essential to understand them i guess. Just need more sibilance or something?

Hey Erik,

Thanks for sharing, really cool track! I agree that the vocals aren't perfect, but I can't even begin to guess what could be done better as I haven't done any recording/editing of vocals since the last time I was studying at my conservatory, which was over 5 years ago lol I would definitely compress them more and EQ the life out of them, but I'd make sure the vocals are as steady volume-wise as possible, and then boost that as much as possible in the mix stages to really have that vocal shine through. Speaking of shining through, maybe freeing up some space frequency-wise from other instruments could create an opening for the vocals to get through a little better. Otherwise, and I say this again, really cool track!

Here's my latest upload, and I'd appreciate any feedback on it:
Camila Cabello - Havana ft. Young Thug (AVGHOST remix)

Best!

Hey Erik,

Thanks for sharing, really cool track! I agree that the vocals aren't perfect, but I can't even begin to guess what could be done better as I haven't done any recording/editing of vocals since the last time I was studying at my conservatory, which was over 5 years ago lol I would definitely compress them more and EQ the life out of them, but I'd make sure the vocals are as steady volume-wise as possible, and then boost that as much as possible in the mix stages to really have that vocal shine through. Speaking of shining through, maybe freeing up some space frequency-wise from other instruments could create an opening for the vocals to get through a little better. Otherwise, and I say this again, really cool track!

Here's my latest upload, and I'd appreciate any feedback on it:
Camila Cabello - Havana ft. Young Thug (AVGHOST remix)

Best!

Hej AVGHOST,

Thanks for the feedback :) Yeah, I'm still testing stuff out on vocals in general vocals to make them clear, I definitely think that my friends recording equipment is not 100 % professional as well hehe.

Erik,

It could be a combination of a lot of factors. Generally speaking, it is always best to have lots of recording takes to piece out the best parts into one track, for which I had to dig a little to remember the terminology - track comping.

P.S.: Lucky either way. I have several singer friends and none of them want to do any collab with me :D

Definitely brings out the 80s vibe with the pulsating beat and heavy-reverb vocals. I thought the vocals were fine and wouldn't mind the same singer in a different song.

Back