[FEEDBACK] Track I am making

lukasluthra

I'm a producer based in the US (more specifically Georgia) and I have been producing EDM music for the last 3 years. I have strong desires and a dying passion to get signed one day to a label and ultimately do what I love for a living, however a good bit of my songs that I produce either get no feedback or feedback that I feel isn't helpful enough towards my career.

I would seriously appreciate if y'all could check out some of my songs, more specifically 'Arcade,' a preview I just produced today.

Arcade by Naman Luthra | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks!
-Naman Luthra

MY PERSONAL OPINION:

The track is very good/catchy, i'm blasting it through my laptop speakers, i'm rocking my head okok.... HOWEVER it needs an identity or something. It feels a bit empty to me. The melody and structure is on point, i can see you're still working on it so thats good. HOW I WOULD ADD SOME IDENTITY: the track needs some vocals dude, find a local friend or someone with a good voice and write some lyrics, it's fun ez pz and will fill this track up more. Also, i would add some crashes/risers/percussion/ambient sounds in the beginning to fill it up more, just paste in a couple samples and turn them down so that you can just hear them, you will see it fill the track up and sound really good. With some lyrics, this could honestly be on the radio! So keep it up. Could you take a look at some of my tracks and roast me: Happy by SAMUwU | SAMUw U | Free Listening on SoundCloud here is one. the rest are on there.

cheers

Not bad. Not bad at all. One thing I would suggest is around the 49 second mark when the side chaining synth comes in is to turn it down a bit. It envelopes the rest of the instruments and really drowns out the kick/snare. I'm not sure I'd continue with it for as long as you did either. Maybe around the 1:04 mark drop that out and replace it with just a straight heavy lead synth of some sort. Kind of keeping the melody but without the side chain effect in. I dig the track and it has potential to grow well. If you wouldn't mind checking some of my tracks out and let me know how you feel about them that'd be awesome. I approach EDM quite a bit different than a lot of producers. I tend to create a song in a similar style to a band rather than a dance tune but I'd like some feedback from other people who produce. Kitsune by Entropy87 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Get on that grind to play some small shows, and network with likeminded people.
I don't listen to much House-ish music, but you def could add a whole lot more details to your track, like working some technical transitions, or playing with filters.
Also maybe adding in some vox or samples to nail a type of personality to the track, or type of story. It's good, but I was kinda lost at the generic House build up. You could really take that classic build up style, and innovate off of it instead of playing it in safe format. 20/20 is also good btw.

Hey man,

I am definitely implementing some of the things you have mentioned in your post, especially the vocals.

As for your song happy, it's got these sounds that I am not too particularly fond of. (Presets or whatever you used). That could just be me, given I listen for more crisp, tight and melodic songs. You should definitely invest in getting more/using more samples if you have them. I am aware you were in the right key but the arrangement of notes could have been better/more catchier if you know what I mean. Otherwise I like your stuff like its got a good base to it.

Back