[F4F] VIP Mix for Spotify EP

Cool ideas dude, nice production! Both sound pretty good but the vocal performances are gonna keep them from being great. What processing you did in the original couldn't elevate them and I think you compensated with the flanger voice effect in the remix but it didn't fix the problem. The male vocals a bit pitchy for most of the song. Auto tune could help but it would probably detract from what you are going for in the original but I would give it a try anyway. Reverb on the vocals could also help a bit. I think for the lead up to the drop you cut the volume a bit too much in the remix. The hats near the end of the original don't sound like they are sitting in the mix well to me and some of the drums in transitions have the transients removed by reverb.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I released the original about a month ago and I agree with everything you said: my singing is a little rusty since my choir days but melody was crashing my CPU. I also in hindsight should have made the vocals more wet.

For the remix, I wasn’t trying to “fix” these issues with the vocoder - I just wanted to use the effect as I really like when brooks does it and his scared to lonely remix was a big inspiration.

Do you have more feedback about the remix specifically? I can’t really change anything about the original at this point. Also, any specific track you’d like me to return feedback on?

Cheers :)

Back