[F4F] Versed - My Original Demo

Hi!

I dont know how to ease in to this so I´ll just go... To me this tune has got to much going on and it is in too much of a hurry to jump between the different sections.
The orchestral and the oriental female parts are to my ears too different from each other to really work well in the same tune and I would loose one of them.
The tune starts bang on with a heavy kick and a saw lead which changes into a plucked melody which in turn stops and is followed by an orchestral section that acts like a break. Im not sure that the orchestral melody ties in with the lead melody that came before it and then it doesnt fit within the overall melodic content/feel of the tune. But when it starts to transition into a build up you have blended the orchestral strings with the plucked melody nicely. But what would happen if you let the plucked melody gradually enter the mix, like having a low pass filter slowly opening up, or just slowly increasing the volume of the plucked sound? I think that it would make the build up more effective.

You have a lot of interesting sounds in the drop (there is the saw and two plucked sounds if I hear correctly) but I think that they are a little to well hidden in the saw-lead. I understand that you are aiming for that massive in-your-face sound with that saw-lead and that is fine. But what would happen if you played the saw a few bars and then only the plucked sounds (and repeat a cople of times), like a call and respons? Or at least added som variation to the saw (like som kind of modulation, a little bit of filtering), and som eq to make room for the plucked sounds to stand out a little bit more.

Anyway, thats my two cents, and in the end it is your tune and you decide what to do with it.

man, what an extensive feedback! thanks a lot and appreciate your blunt input.
your point is spotted on and im currently rearranging the track and thanks to you, i saw new ideas coming in :)

cheers!

Back