F4F | New Future House Track

hi there!

Nothing too wrong with the song as far as I can see :).

As you said perhaps more variation would make it sound better?
At 1:04, you could perhaps use more layering/effects right there to add more tension. Just a possibility only:) Nothing is written in stones.
Good luck!!

Hi
Thanks for my feedback, I like your track but don't like the main synth sound that starts at 0:50 it sounds like a dog yelping lol
It reminds me of the far eastern movements like a g6 a bit. buy hey its a good track well done :)

hi there!

Nothing too wrong with the song as far as I can see :).

As you said perhaps more variation would make it sound better?
At 1:04, you could perhaps use more layering/effects right there to add more tension. Just a possibility only:) Nothing is written in stones.
Good luck!!

Thanks for the feedback :) Maybe like another riser or upsweep on the build up would add tension - I agree. Do you have a track you'd like me to give feedback on?

Hi
Thanks for my feedback, I like your track but don't like the main synth sound that starts at 0:50 it sounds like a dog yelping lol
It reminds me of the far eastern movements like a g6 a bit. buy hey its a good track well done :)

Thanks for the feedback :) My friend said the same thing about it sounding like a dog haha Its a future bounce lead based on the one Zen World made for Sylenth. I think it sounds better in a lower octave but I wanted the contrast between it and the lead bass. Originally it had a modulated bandpass that was only 12db strong (which I think sounded better) but then I changed it last minute to a 24db.

Do you have recommendations for videos or sound design tips for top melodies in future bounce / future house? I know using vocal chops is also pretty popular.

Cheers!

this has a really cool boiler room feel, i like the bass line. i would change the sound of the synthy pluck that accompanies it though. also try out some different transition effects. air uplifts are cool, but i think the track will benefit from more variation in the uplifts. overall you have a good balance and the kick and bass fit well. maybe the clap/snare could be a bit more "Clappy" ahah :P and don't over-do the sub impacts and fills (in my opinion) i would just keep them simple.

I liked the synth in the intro a lot, it had a cool sound to it. The one that came in around :50 was alright, I didn't love it but I thought it worked ok. I really like the other lead synth though, it's super tight. The sweeps and sidechained white noise was great, really added a lot of depth and detail to the track. The mixing seemed pretty solid to me, can't say that I have any complaints. I think messing around a little more with the secondary lead synth could help it really stand out even more as a track but it's solid as is (although I don't listen to house much so take my feedback with a grain of salt haha).

I don't have a current thread so any comments on my SC are always appreciated for feedback, thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/thefunkjunkie/you-me-feat-abstract-rude-casual-tanner-fruit

Production quality is good, it is just a bit empty tbh. I think it could use a few more elements that bounce of each other, like short stabs and fills.

If you listen to tchami song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t2YF0exLoE you will see he has 2 fat bass lines working off each other, and then some percussion elements that create a groove. With your track it is just a standard house beat and not much groove to the beat.

You got the right idea though, just need some refining by adding more elements to create a better groove, if you wanna see a great example of that... check this stuff out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVbzuARvh0

this has a really cool boiler room feel, i like the bass line. i would change the sound of the synthy pluck that accompanies it though. also try out some different transition effects. air uplifts are cool, but i think the track will benefit from more variation in the uplifts. overall you have a good balance and the kick and bass fit well. maybe the clap/snare could be a bit more "Clappy" ahah :P and don't over-do the sub impacts and fills (in my opinion) i would just keep them simple.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yea I really struggled finding a synth sound that complimented it well. I like the slides but I agree with you that a pluckier sound would have been better.

Usually I leave more creative uplifted for electro house and big room cuz I'm worried they would clash with the bass synths of future house, do you have a track exemplifying it done well? I'll probably try it out :)

Do you mean the clap/snare should be tighter? Cuz I did use a more open one thinking it would be more aggressive but maybe it takes too much attention away from the other elements.

Cheers!

I liked the synth in the intro a lot, it had a cool sound to it. The one that came in around :50 was alright, I didn't love it but I thought it worked ok. I really like the other lead synth though, it's super tight. The sweeps and sidechained white noise was great, really added a lot of depth and detail to the track. The mixing seemed pretty solid to me, can't say that I have any complaints. I think messing around a little more with the secondary lead synth could help it really stand out even more as a track but it's solid as is (although I don't listen to house much so take my feedback with a grain of salt haha).

I don't have a current thread so any comments on my SC are always appreciated for feedback, thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/thefunkjunkie/you-me-feat-abstract-rude-casual-tanner-fruit

Thanks for the feedback!

Yea it seems almost universal that the main negative for the track is the additive synth. I'm gonna experiment more with different sounds to see what compliments better.

Btw the intro and drop synths are actually the same, I just automated a low pass filter for the intro, break, and outro. It's a good trick to get more out of a single synth. I also tend to automate things like "space" (reverb mix + hyper dimension + chorus) as a way to add detail. "Space" automation is really good for build ups especially.

Cheers!

Production quality is good, it is just a bit empty tbh. I think it could use a few more elements that bounce of each other, like short stabs and fills.

If you listen to tchami song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t2YF0exLoE you will see he has 2 fat bass lines working off each other, and then some percussion elements that create a groove. With your track it is just a standard house beat and not much groove to the beat.

You got the right idea though, just need some refining by adding more elements to create a better groove, if you wanna see a great example of that... check this stuff out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVbzuARvh0

Thanks for the feedback!

That tchami song is amazing - I love him. I definetly am trying to work on my drums and fills as I feel like that's what elevates good house tracks to great. I've been doing a lot of bass shots and stuff in some bass house tracks I'm working on, but now that I'll definetly implement it into the tchami style ghouse.

Do you recommend adding swing to drums to add groove?

Back