[F4F] The Key - Alex Rose

AlexRose

Hey guys!

I just released my first future bass original! Full original vocals and productions. I've very proud of it but want some feedback.

Kaye's vocals in the prechorus chop off in a weird way. I tried troubleshooting for a couple hours and have idea why it's happening. Other than that, I'm aware we both go offkey at times; I have melodyn but it riggity-wrecked my CPU so I opted for no auto tune.

Curious to hear your thoughts!

The Key (ft. Kaur)[Original Mix] by Alex Rose | Free Listening on SoundCloud

You've got some really nice vocal samples. At first I thought it was a remix and you got the acapella for another 'professionally made' track. The chords have an interesting attack that makes them slightly delayed when being played during the chorus, delayed in a tasteful way. Also, I didn't notice the artifact that you mentioned in your post (I wasn't looking for it either but I'm sure most people won't notice it). You mention that your voices fall out of tune at times and I kind of noticed that when your voice was first introduced, but I didn't hear it as a mistake really. It sounds better if some human imperfections are expressed in your music, it makes the track more dynamic and gives it character imo. The only qualm I have pertains to the bassline of the track. You refer to it as future bass music and so i had the impression it would be a little more bass-oriented. I think you can increase the amplitude of the bass synth(s) to give it more presence in the low end. Other than that I thought that it was a very good production, very professional sounding indeed.

Arrow of Time (Original) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks man! It was my first time working with vocals so I guess I was a little self conscious haha especially since it's me singing the male part. Thanks for the feedback, I'll give your track a listen :)

Damn, this piece is truly amazing. It sounds sooo commercial and the potential is immense! I really like how you have managed the vocals since I have problems mixing them still. Do you have a tips regarding this matter?

I cannot find any bad points. You definitely know what you are doing and the track is professionally produced. More elements in your drop would have filled it more but still I like this style what you have created. Keep up your productions, keep producing. How did you do that vocal lead in your drop? I mean I hear the sidechain but how did you stretch that "ah" vocal, it sounds like a lead, utterly nice!

Could you maybe check out my work as well? It is my first future bass production.
My New Future Bass Track (F4F) Spotify

Sweet! Sounds great.
The only thing which I would change is to make the chords fuller and a bit more present(warmer/more mids) then it is right now.
But that is personal taste I guess hahaha. Mind checking out my new track?

congradulations for the body of work :D , here are my advices :

i would put more decay on the reverb of the vocal and automate it to go up when the vocal disappears.

The male vocal should be re-recorded and you can try autotune on it.

I love the vocal chops on the drop but not too much for the synths.

The snare on the buildup could be tighter next to the tom.

i love the idea of the track :D

Back