F4F on "Kaskade - Fakin It ft. Ofelia K" remix (Electro/Progressive House)

Kalion

'Sup forum,

It took me a long time making this track and I finally feel like it's ready for some good reviews.
Looking for honest constructive feedback, if you're here to give me a pat on the back I won't bother giving good feedback either.

Enjoy! :cool:

If link above doesn't work use this:
https://soundcloud.com/walterslewis/fakin-it-remix

Last edited:
Would be cool if people could actually return the feedback I give on "F4F" threads...

Last edited:
Hey man, the remix is good the drop needs a little more work on the mix and sounds a bit empty in the mids as well. Try to add chords in there to fill up the "empty" space of frequencies. If you do have chords (Kind of hard to tell) then I suggest to reduce the amount of side chain on it. With progressive house, I find it better to use little to half "pump" from the side chain and use heavy sidechaining on the basses. One last thing would be to definitely fix the levels of the kicks and claps. The claps overpower the kicks when they should compliment them! Hope this helps and I think this remix is really well put together. Great Job !
Check out my soundcloud too man, would love feedback!
https://soundcloud.com/urresta

Thank you!
You're right, my mixing skills aren't very good yet, I'm currently reading a book on mixing techniques and mainly how you have to listen to problems etc.
I used a match EQ to compare it to other tracks, and as you said, my track was mainly lacking mids. Now that I think about it, the sidechain is a bit exagerrated, it's also something I'm getting better at since the drop is something I made a few months back.
I wanna know what you mean exactly with fixing the levels of the kicks and claps. Do you mean I just need to change the volume or are you thinking I need to maybe compress, change the sound, EQ or anything else?

Really appreciate the feedback, I'll return the favour asap.

Last edited:
Hey dude!

I actually think the EQ is fine, and the mix can be more bare during the break and verse. During the drop however, I was yeanrindg for more elements to fill the mix. You add claps halfway through which is a good call, but I'd add a ride and side chained white noise as well. Also, id add clones of the lead: one set full stereo, one full mono, one an octave up drowned in reverb and one playing the fifth harmony with some tweaks. Makes the drop much fuller while not muddying the bass (your fuzz bass is solid btw).

In general I like the concept of the remix, it has a KSHMR festival vibe that I personally enjoy a lot. I think it just needs some more extra elements and polish to really fill it out.

Cheers sorry for the late feedback I've been working a lot :^(

Thats great that you're learning from a mixing technique book, hopefully you'll learn a ton of stuff! Yeah as I said, those are subtle things that are needed to be fixed but its a great "near done" project. What i meant by "levels" is just the volume, we use that term in Full Sail University to sound more "professional" haha.

Back