[F4F] Hey Soul Sister Future Bass Remix

This track gave me chills, holy sh*t
I love the original, which also helps lol

The drum rolls in the drop with the sub popping in are just amazing. You should switch them up a little bit tho, not the same sounds and rhythm each roll.
The drop's saw synth is a bit weak, could use some grit or something to make it bigger, it sounds a bit 'thin'.

For the rest there are just small things I would change myself, like changing the chords of the saw synth as you build up towards the drop.
Track flows pretty well in my opinion
Hope I helped,
- Walter Slewis

Thanks for the feedback Walter! This was my first time making my own tom fills and I definetly struggled to make them even as varied as they are in the track. I'm gonna experiment with other percussive elements to see how I can make them more diverse and interesting. I'll also keep working on my super saws to get them more full - maybe it's a matter of adding more harmonies in the midi?

Glad you liked the track so much!

wow that was sick
love the chords - what synths are u using ?
Thanks for the kind words! The flanges chords present throughout the song uses a bandpass that is modulated by a 2 bar LFO while the level of the oscillators is modulated by a 1/8th note LFO. This creates the stepping, almost arp effect. In reality its just straight chords being playes with the frequencies present depending on the time in the 2 bar LFO.

the drums r great - , i like the tom rolls
how do u make your drum rolls like that, mine suck\any feed would be great
I used about 5 different toms all tuned around the 1st or 5th of my track's key (in this case G I believe). I'm looking more for the texture of the tom that having widely different tones. I then go into piano roll and experiment!

I'll post screen shots of the synth patch and tom rolls :)

Oh, well made remix but it misses few things (IMO):

- vocal is few dB louder than instrumental and in some moments I'd would put sidechain on it,
- it lacks low-end, try add some low harmonics to kick and bassline (maybe try tu bus them and re-work them on one channel)
- SATURATION ! I would put on master track some saturation plugin (Saturn is my fav.) and slightly work with it.

Well, few things but can make huge difference at the end !!

Anyway, awesome work ! Keep it going !!

Best regards,

Tomek

Oh, well made remix but it misses few things (IMO):

- vocal is few dB louder than instrumental and in some moments I'd would put sidechain on it,
- it lacks low-end, try add some low harmonics to kick and bassline (maybe try tu bus them and re-work them on one channel)
- SATURATION ! I would put on master track some saturation plugin (Saturn is my fav.) and slightly work with it.

Well, few things but can make huge difference at the end !!

Anyway, awesome work ! Keep it going !!

Best regards,

Tomek

Thanks for the feedback Tomek!

I really want to get Saturn but I havnt found a good torrent for it and it's so expensive :( do you know of any good free ones? Would help me a lot.

Cheers!

Back