[F4F] Everything Black - Unlike Pluto (Alex Rose Remix)

AlexRose

He alex,

Nice track, i think there is nothing to criticize.
What kinda sound is the lead?? (vocal or something)

I think it was you who wanne make a livestream i saw here i think???
Let me know when you do that, i definitly watch. (maybe you can make a track in the livestream)

Oh yeah, thx for the feedback.

Last edited:
Hey!

The lead is 3 layers: a vocal chop from the original track drop stem, a future bounce support pluck to add a stronger transient and fill in the sides of the stereo field, and a trombone stab lead from the KSHMR 7skies pack to add some more mids. They have some very light compression to glue them togetehr, about 50% sidechain and some regular EQing (low cut, boosted mids and extreme highs).

I need to review my schedule to figure out when would be best but it’s looking like sundays most likely. Cheers!

Hi! Thanks for your feedback, I'm late...

Amazing work on the vocals with the vocoder! The drop is really different from the original and I love the lead synth, it's really shinny and the melody is catchy.

The mix is okay to me. The vocals sit well in the instrumental.

It's a solid track dude.

I'm also doing the remix contest but I'm still working on it haha. I gave you a like :)

Nice one. A bit lack of high freq as for me. So, it could be more 'to face'.
Overall cool production.

It has a lot of energy and the main lead synth has a slight formant effect which makes it pretty expressive. I don't like it when the vowel sound is too prominent in a synth, but I think you struck a good balance with that effect. I like the drops because you delay the kick and bass just enough to provide some musical tension right after the build ups. Things like that can make a song sound much more interesting imo. The only change I would consider is not including that stringed synth that you use as a lead in the background until later in the song. Just so you have some material saved for the song's ultimate climax closer to the end. Including that synth only in the last two (or the very last) sections after the drops would make them a bit more climactic. The production is, as always, very well done. The mix overall has a lot of clarity while maintaining the warmth of your synths. I'll definitely give you a vote. Keep it up!

This Too Will Pass (Original) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I really like this! If it was still available on SC I'd defenitely drop a like on it :P
The only thing I've got to pick on is that the snare is kinda drowned out in the hooks, or atleast a bit too low for my taste. Overall a really fucking dope track though!!

I'm so sorry I'm just getting back to you now. I swear I missed the email saying you posted on mine. Impressive use of reverb. I think the start of the drop, before the kick hits, would benefit from being simpler. Maybe pull out one of the wider noises and let it feel a little dull, then BOOM the kick hits and the drop goes full force.

Back