(F4F - Drum & Bass) Remix of Tritonal's Now Or Never

mondie

Still Exploring
Hello there fellow producers!

I have been in the game for quite some time now, nevertheless I want to ask for feedback! I will return the favor as well, just include the link ;)

Oh man I love the original and I really like the DnB idea. Really clean mix and the bass you introduce when the vocals come in sounds great!
The sidechain from 0:45 is a bit too much in my opinion, it sounds like the bass is almost completely muted. At the drop I would change the chords a bit, I think there is too little movement now (all notes very close to each other?). I would advise to make it a bit more extreme.

Except for that you have a solid track here. With some small changes I can see this played at a DnB rave! :)

Oh man I love the original and I really like the DnB idea. Really clean mix and the bass you introduce when the vocals come in sounds great!
The sidechain from 0:45 is a bit too much in my opinion, it sounds like the bass is almost completely muted. At the drop I would change the chords a bit, I think there is too little movement now (all notes very close to each other?). I would advise to make it a bit more extreme.

Except for that you have a solid track here. With some small changes I can see this played at a DnB rave! :)

Thanks for your feedback! As for the bass at 0:45, that's because the chord synth used is actually a pad (which needs heavy sidechaining to work) and the sidechain is "synced", i.e. they use a compressor with the same settings so it sound doesn't sound "separated" like it does when using a different amount of compression on two different tracks. I can hear the sub bass quite well on my AKG headphones

Edit:

The bass and chord synth actually go up 7 semitones in every 3rd bar! Listen closely

Last edited:
Back