F4F - Breathe: A Chillstep/Ambient type song

I like this sounds like it could be in castlevannyia or something lol. good job. follow me on soundcloud i follow back. /imthedoublea

Much love on the feedback y'all. Bonsews I was wondering whether people would find the kick too punchy or not in the beginning, I took your advice and turned the kick down until the end. I'm about to check your track out now man

DoubleA I shot you a follow on the cloud and checked out some of your tracks, I can definitely tell your from the BK borough you know whatsup with that NY flow, I dig it a lot

Great work dude! This is amazing... i only feel like theres too much kicks at 2:00 but thats only my opinion. Anyways keep up the good work man!

Last edited:
this was a refreshing listen dont hear stuff like this alot, i like the emotion of this track definitely
check my thread out as well

This is not an everyday type song i listen to. But ive been to a shit ton of downtempo/chill venues and your stuff is pretty up there man. Very musical.

Only thing i didnt enjoy too much was that i progressed to a very high point. I would prefer if it kept the chill vibe all the way.

All in all, nice stuff. ;)

This is way too happy for my liking haha, so chill and relaxed, the mix sounds quite good, except for that kick, i'd say change it or Eq it right bro

Smooth beat and nice way to slowly bring in each of the elements in the song. Also like how you syncopated the hi-hats in this...def unexpected. 1:39 sounds like the melody has an off high note. Really like how you dropped the drums and then brought them back in at a different tempo with some additional instruments...I can tell you really thought out the elements on this one. Overall, nice job.

Again thanks for the feed it's really helping me progress this work. I ended up listening to this on a shitty pair of headphones I had and I had to agree that the kick was too thumpy in the beginning, so I automated 2 different EQs to suppress it, I think I like it now. I'm on returning all the feed as we speak, thanks again y'all

The kick sounds a bit too bassy for an ambient track (sounds like you lowpassed it at around 50Hz or something). I really like the percussion other than that.

Everything meshes together nicely other than the kick. I noticed there was one part around 1:40 that sounded like it went one note off but I couldn't quite tell for sure. Furthermore, the gated sound at the end finishes off the song very well.

Overall, I think the track sounds great, and the only thing that needs work is the kick.

Take care!

Thank you for that, I ended up fixing the kick again this morning so it's good to hear positive things about it. I'll feed your track right now man

Much love man, the composition of the track pretty much happened in a night, I couldn't sleep so I banged out some melodies and worked em together. Of course since then I've been tweaking it but I'm glad to hear good feedback. I'm checking you out right now brotha

nice one, i feel like the mixing is a little off but the vibes are nice. and i think the kick comes in a little off beat at the start, keep it up tho! good job

Back