{F4F} All A Dream - Alex Perkins

I'm not a massive fan of the snares in the beginning that build up. I think they need just a tad bit more twang in the mid-high zone. The sub is sitting really nice (I don't have a sub but I can tell when it kicks in with my monitor speakers). I think the track is really cool and I love the Justice vibes from .27-.30 (reminds me of "The Party" by "Justice" for some odd reason that I can't understand). The intro is probably the weakest part since it starts off with a rise which I don't mind, but it seems just a little bit generic. That's a shame since the rest of the track is super chill and easy to tap a foot and bob a head to. The little plucks that almost sounds like a chopped up voice at 1:17-1:34 is really neat. I think maybe adding those to the front of the song could benefit a unity to the whole track. I lean to shorter tracks myself since I prefer to not overstay my welcome, but in this song's case, I would encourage another 20-45 seconds of music that could be used to play off the established patterns you have (since it is super catchy and groovy). I like the hi-hats that are panned left and right, but I think if you just add a bit more variation with the hi-hats velocity, it could potentially be the last little touch to make the track perfect. I love what you did. Keep it up. If possible I could use your advice on my new work in progress track. The forum post page is here. Thanks for your time reading this, hope it helped.

Back