Everlasting Darkness

I've only just started producing recently and i haven't tried EDM yet but i like the whole structure of your song & the sounds you used, especially the melody it was really catchy i was even making my own lyrics to it but i was expecting a bigger drop after the sirens around 1:20 overall its a good song, keep it up bro.

Hey! I really like the catchy melody and the bass, but maybe you can improve your sounds layering them or make it them sounds bigger, because sounds like a little weak at the beggining for this genre. Then I like the build up, but I was hoping for a drop, and there wasn´t so that really surprise me! haha, I enjoy the track, but maybe I work in the sound design to make it bigger and punchy, Keep doing this bro!

I've only just started producing recently and i haven't tried EDM yet but i like the whole structure of your song & the sounds you used, especially the melody it was really catchy i was even making my own lyrics to it but i was expecting a bigger drop after the sirens around 1:20 overall its a good song, keep it up bro.
Thank you! I think it would sound cool if there was a drop, but I havent really learned how to make one yet. :/ im sure its not hard but I havent done one yet

Hey! I really like the catchy melody and the bass, but maybe you can improve your sounds layering them or make it them sounds bigger, because sounds like a little weak at the beggining for this genre. Then I like the build up, but I was hoping for a drop, and there wasn´t so that really surprise me! haha, I enjoy the track, but maybe I work in the sound design to make it bigger and punchy, Keep doing this bro!
I understand. I dont know if you were using headphones to listen because it always sounds better with headphones :P
Thank you for feedback! Maybe i can do a rework adding more layers in the beginning and maybe adding a drop!

Claps need to be mixed/mastered better. (try moving the slaps a little to the left speaker like 5-10%) The whole song needs to be mixed and mastered better. There is almost no bass so make the bass louder. Percussion is pretty boring Melody is catchy, but im sure you can change it up at some points in the song. Transitions are pretty good though. Buildups are really nice, but the drops are so lame. Try and make the drops more exciting because the build up is more exciting than the drop. Keep making more jams bro! Also the melody need more punch to it and more highs. Get more contrast between the melody and the bass,

Last edited:
Claps need to be mixed/mastered better. (try moving the slaps a little to the left speaker like 5-10%) The whole song needs to be mixed and mastered better. There is almost no bass so make the bass louder. Percussion is pretty boring Melody is catchy, but im sure you can change it up at some points in the song. Transitions are pretty good though. Buildups are really nice, but the drops are so lame. Try and make the drops more exciting because the build up is more exciting than the drop. Keep making more jams bro! Also the melody need more punch to it and more highs. Get more contrast between the melody and the bass,
Alright thank you. I guess the drop is "so lame" because there is none xP im not really a "drop" person. And yeah now that i hear the melody, soundcloud does take out the higher frequencies. And also im not good at making complex beats :///

Alright thank you. I guess the drop is "so lame" because there is none xP im not really a "drop" person./
That's okay, I was just using the term as the thing that happens after a build up. I don't mean it has to be a bunch of crazy wubby shit. But you had a build up and made it feel like something was going to happen and it really didn't. Listen to some deadmau5 tracks. I mean "drops" like that. Also I get what you mean when you say you don't like drops, but there are other things to do instead of the crazy shit. I hate to use one of my songs as an example, but its what I thought of, so use the link below and go to 1:25 and when it goes through the transition at 1:31, that's what I mean. So work on that because your build up was good. Either way do what you love to do because that's what really matters. :D
https://soundcloud.com/angrywildman...angrywildmango/sets/an-afternoon-of-danger-ep

That's okay, I was just using the term as the thing that happens after a build up. I don't mean it has to be a bunch of crazy wubby shit. But you had a build up and made it feel like something was going to happen and it really didn't. Listen to some deadmau5 tracks. I mean "drops" like that. Also I get what you mean when you say you don't like drops, but there are other things to do instead of the crazy shit. I hate to use one of my songs as an example, but its what I thought of, so use the link below and go to 1:25 and when it goes through the transition at 1:31, that's what I mean. So work on that because your build up was good. Either way do what you love to do because that's what really matters. :D
https://soundcloud.com/angrywildman...angrywildmango/sets/an-afternoon-of-danger-ep
Thanks for the suggestions!

I think you should use sidechaining.

Like make a bunch of busses for pads, bass, leads, hihats, snare, and so on. Sidechain those busses to the kick drum. Get some pumping going on. Experiment with it, get a feel for it. Logics stock compressor will work fine.

On your kick, send out to a bus, say bus 1. Change the output of bus one to "no output". Use that as your sidechain input.

I think you should use sidechaining.

Like make a bunch of busses for pads, bass, leads, hihats, snare, and so on. Sidechain those busses to the kick drum. Get some pumping going on. Experiment with it, get a feel for it. Logics stock compressor will work fine.

On your kick, send out to a bus, say bus 1. Change the output of bus one to "no output". Use that as your sidechain input.
I acually did use sidechaining with the bass for the chorus :P

Back