Escape The World - Electro /F4F!/

johnroy

Hi!

This is my latest electro release:

I'm ready for harsh critisism, as I think it's the only way to improve yourself as a producer.

Please let me know what's your latest song so I can listen to it! I'm willing to listen and discover new artists.

Thank you! :victory:

hey John. I listen to your song and have to say its well done from the artistic perspective i would have done some things differently but mixing and mastering sounds good to me.
the only thing i could spot is that on some parts of you song few instruments are not in key and it sounds very strange somtimes.
I spotted this also in other songs on your soundcloud

Hey dude! Here's my feedback:

- Great intro! Giving me Justice vibes.
- Strong kick and lead pairing.
- The small hits and variation are driving the energy, great job.
- The progressive song structure is a little outdated for the modern edm scene, but I appreciate the callback (like I said a la Justice and deamau5)
- The shaker stands out well in the percussion, but I think a bit crisper of a clap would help. Maybe EQ some more high end on it?

Overall probably the best technical production I've seen on FP forum! Great job mate.

As AlexRose said , it gives that Justice feel , strong vibe but for god's sake do yourself a favor if you have that potential and take a print of scales - it will help you improve !

The style will progress with time , no worries ! 6/10 for the classic structure and not in key - can go for more

Bravo anyway !

Super catchy and psychedelic intro, reminds me a little of the bloody beetroots or something. Very electro. The main part of the song is well mixed too, and balanced. Ya may consider removing the bassline from the 1:16 - 1:45,a nd just let the higher melody play. Then when the dance beat comes at 1:45, reintro the bassline? My thoughts. It'll give more variety.

The second drop area around 3:20 on is very good and clean. (Without the the gritty bassline)

3:30 - 3:45 is my favorite part no doubt.
Cool high energy electro tune.

Thanks for my feedback, I like your track it has good energy and mixed well and the sounds you have used are good, but I think I could do with a little bit more variation. but its a good track mate well done :)

I didn't think anyone was making stuff like this anymore, was refreshing/nostalgic/ to hear, I was big into the Boys Noize/ Dr. Lektroluv buzz around '08/'09(?)

EQ wise there's not much I can fault

I really like the drop after the first break, kinda cheesey but not shit cheesey.

I'd be suprised if this doesn't get signed

Keep at it man, great stuff!

Thanks everybody.

I DO read the comments and it's always interesting to have some different opinions.

Anynone?

I'm almost certain he doesn't go out of key - at least not unintentionally. He ends some phrases with major->minor chords but that is still consistent with music theory and arrangement. Like I mentioned in my comment, Justice frequently does this to create tension at the end of phrases. Its intentional.

Source: 5 years of formal Jazz theory and performance

I'm almost certain he doesn't go out of key - at least not unintentionally. He ends some phrases with major->minor chords but that is still consistent with music theory and arrangement. Like I mentioned in my comment, Justice frequently does this to create tension at the end of phrases. Its intentional.

Source: 5 years of formal Jazz theory and performance

Hey @AlexRose !

Thanks for your input because I saw a lot of guys saying the song goes out of key while I actually really care about music theory and take time to make it sounds right.

I think I wrote the song in C# and I'm pretty sure I only use notes that you can find in that scale. I usually start writting the song by ears and then if I can't get it down I use some music theory. Still learning btw.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the song does not go out of key, like you said I like to shift between major and minor to create something interesting and to cause surprise troughout the song.

Thank you for your message it's really comforting for me.

this sounds good, i agree on some detune or something that goes a little weird but otherwise great job! i would want some moew power to it, maybe add some slight white noise with a sidechain behind the mix in the drop.

sorry for the slow response man >.<

Back