enviZion - Air Lock (Trance) - F4F

Hey EnviZion, thanks for the feedback!

I really like the intro, exactly my style! The overall sound you create is super clean and the progression is soothing, right up until around 1:59~; you introduce quite a crunchy low end sub it kind of ruined the clean sound, I think for me personally keeping it clean would be better as it breaks away from the vibe. Whenever that sub returns it really takes away from the track! The snare roll is a tad long (1-2 beats shorter?) Other than that I like it!

Follow from me!

Keep it up

Hey, nice track, really hypnotic and enjoyable to listen to! One thing I'd say is perhaps the lower ends are too prominent in the mix and there is noticeable distortion in the build ups and drops which could easily be fixed by reducing the low end in the master a tiny bit or just lower the sub and see how it sounds. Think it may be the kick too but unsure, feel the kick doesn't entirely suit the track in my own personal opinion but I'm not a big trance listener so I may be wrong. Love the track though, real talent!

If you wish to return feedback you can find my track here - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c-box-electro-house-feedback-returned-522352/

Thanks for the feedback. I rolled off some of the lower end of the bassline that was causing that distortion and mixed it in a little better and uploaded the new version. Curious if you're still hearing the distortion. The feedback was useful. When I listen as revised it still maintains that good clean sound that I was going for (and tend to favor).

Hey Envizion,

just listened to your track and over all this is some really nice work!

I guess the more helpful things are those that don't seem to be perfect. Saying this means "not perfect for my personal taste!" :-)

These are:

The hats you introduce at the start and which are coming back several times throughout the track are to "wet" for my taste, I'd go for "crisper" sounds.
Claps at 4:00 could be more powerfull.
The main theme/melody comes back a little bit to often with too little variation, after like 4:30 it was enough for me and started skipping sections :-).

Again, just my personal 2 cents - keep it up!!

If you like you can check my latest attempts here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tal-electronic-virtualex-522022/#post49991644

cheers
Virtualex

Hey mate, thanks for the great feedback!
Some things I could pick out would be that at the drop at 1:55 the crash cymbal is pretty weak sounding and has a really short decay. I also think the snare roll buildup could use a little tweaking in terms of the snare sound, maybe a little less low mids and more high end or something. Also The kick throughout the song seems a little weak to, i think a different sample at a slightly higher volume might work a bit better, maybe even with some more sidechain compression on the melody. Other than those points, Great track! Its really nice melodically, and all the synths sound really chill and nice. The drums is probably the primary thing Id suggest you work on.
keep it up! :)

Hey man thanks for your feedback.

I love your song its very catchy.On the other hand you have some problem in your mix especially in your snare.I think you need to eq your snare its very crispy.And you can add some variations into your song and improve your drop maybe add one or two layer sound.But dont forget about eq and mix:)

Hello Envizion

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. I have just listened to your track and I like it, but it needs a bit more variation and
a bit more beef in the kick drum at around the 1.56 mark I would bring in new elements into the mix maybe a variation on the drum loop
or just something to keep the listener interested. anyway good work and keep it up my friend :)

Nice shot. There are a few technical issues which you can fix but aesthetically, the drop sounded much like the build up - give it some energy and variation - the melody was the same as the buildup, no difference (if I'm not mistaken). Why not change the melody or add some high parts once the drop hits? OR, use a staggered, stuttered version of the melody teasing the buildup and then use the melody that you got in full effect. You need more elements to the track happening in the background to give movement and variation, but nice change up at outro. You need more fx too to create tension and for sectioning the track. Good job though. Why stop now?

All views are inherently mine, I take any/all blame for supposing I now a thing or two...

Nice shot. There are a few technical issues which you can fix but aesthetically, the drop sounded much like the build up - give it some energy and variation - the melody was the same as the buildup, no difference (if I'm not mistaken). Why not change the melody or add some high parts once the drop hits? OR, use a staggered, stuttered version of the melody teasing the buildup and then use the melody that you got in full effect. You need more elements to the track happening in the background to give movement and variation, but nice change up at outro. You need more fx too to create tension and for sectioning the track. Good job though. Why stop now?

All views are inherently mine, I take any/all blame for supposing I now a thing or two...

I appreciate this good and useful feedback. I hear these critical points when I objectively compare my tracks to those I hear from the artists I enjoy (usually takes about 2 weeks for me to get over the initial "I'm in love with my own music" feel. Haha). But you are absolutely right. I haven't spent nearly enough time understanding countermelody, FX and harmonies yet and it's a step forward that I definitely need to take. Cheers!

No problem. Start with one thing first, like FX for example - it'll add tons of depth to your music right away and bridge gaps over silence and invaluable for the transitions. Harmonies are each individual's style, plenty of stuff not so harmonic but have groove or ambiance etc. Take the Hard style Big Room/Festival type, Bass heavy, lead heavy stuff with atonal melodies. Tons of that around. Countermelody is a choice too. Depends on the music and style. Good luck mate.

PS, kindly, if you get the chance, would you check this one of mine out? Any feedback is most welcome too. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/music2moveu/snakes-charming

Digging the intro, love the melodic elements coming together & the delays on the synths!

Feel like the clap is a lil weak, whereas the snare is a little too full in the intro. Do like the snare / clap at 2:00 though, feel like it fits in there spatially.

Really love the panning of the main synth vs the hi hats vs the bongos, very well done there. Def adds to the emotion to me.

Only other suggestion would refer to the bass / kick competing for similar frequency ranges. If youre not look into side chaining a little bit here, or doing it a lil more if ya are. Really like the bass sound at 4:15 but when the kick comes in a lil muddy.

Overall wonderful job, really enjoyed that listen. Gave me dem feels

EnviZion, really, really nice stuff. Trance was the first style I listened to when getting into EDM a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since - what artists are your inspiration? Your vibe is really unique!

Just a little bit of constructive criticism I can give: Around 6:23 to the end, the resonance is a little too powerful and a bit fatiguing. Toning it down a little bit would probably make it sound a little smoother there. I also personally like to hear a little more tone / pitch in my basslines, so I'd suggest layering some sort of subtle bass synth with the sub during the beat sections (i.e. around 2:00 and the like). That's just personal taste though! Keep doing your thing!

Back