Empty Glass (Tech House)

Nyx1978

Feel like I'm almost there, but would like to add some atmospheric background sounds to spice it up a little and change up the clap patterns some more.
What do you think?

The Bass from the beginning sounds a little little bit distored. Was that your attention? Doesn't sound wrong, just wanted to mention.
I think it would be cooler if the drumsound would be more organic/dynamix and not so static. For example, pitch the clap sound sometimes a little bit up/down, or automate the EQ of the Hihats, to get it alive.
I like the synthsounds, the vocal and the groove. Also good pan/stereo-effekts :).

Heard "you" from your sc sound. Really good song :) (also little bit too much distored, but extrem groovy)

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback marvin! I'll definitely see what I can do to make the drums more organic.

And thank you for your kind words about the other track, also one that needs ''the final touch'' but I'm still deciding what is best. :)

The bass imo has no body, is like u cut all the low mid feqs and left only that faint growl, and its a little much contrast to the rough one u add later every 4th beat, if u wanted that deep mixing on the bass try raise it an octave and see if u can fix that way. Hats needs to be eq:ed but the pattern is nice.

Kinda to dark for me and that might be why i get bothered by the bass. But nice job dude. Keep it up

The bass imo has no body, is like u cut all the low mid feqs and left only that faint growl, and its a little much contrast to the rough one u add later every 4th beat, if u wanted that deep mixing on the bass try raise it an octave and see if u can fix that way. Hats needs to be eq:ed but the pattern is nice.
I agree with Muqa

I also think your claps/snares could use reverb and also your hihats but very little to make em pop. I would like to hear more of a variation in the drums seems repetitive at times. Maybe different variations of the bass also imo. I do agree you need some atmosphere FX/Sounds in there, a great pad would do the trick depending what effect you want. I do have a question though, when you do your mixing what's your volume at on your system?

If youd like to check mine out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../introducing-dr-hz-dubstep-glitch-f4f-527129/

Last edited:
Thank you both Muqa and 8UP for taking the time to have a listen and give some feedback.
Muqa is right in that I cut some frequencies on the bassline, to me it sounded cool but I will definitely have some more listens with the freqs in tact to see if if sounds even better.

And as mentioned earlier I'll have another look at the drums too. It's the least fun part of producing though, going through those drum patterns over and over to have some more variation in it but of course it's something that needs to be done anyway, don't want to bore people in those 6 mins.

Oh and 8UP, I have the volume all the way up and always produce with my Sennheiser headphones on.
I know that is not ideal, but financial reasons are still keeping me away from some good speakers. Have to say though that when I take my tracks to my car and listen in there (I love the dynamics inside a car) they almost always sound good, so I guess something is going right. ;)

Last edited:
Oh and 8UP, I have the volume all the way up and always produce with my Sennheiser headphones on.
I know that is not ideal, but financial reasons are still keeping me away from some good speakers. Have to say though that when I take my tracks to my car and listen in there (I love the dynamics inside a car) they almost always sound good, so I guess something is going right. ;)

Dude what Sennheiser's do you have? I have HD 280 pro 64 ohm for producing. Anyways, do your mix down at half volume, you will see that when the volume is fully up your chances of drowning another sound or fitting sounds can be difficult. I have a mac and when I produce I always have my volume half way plus 2-3 clicks (headphones or my KRK's). But really its something to give a try and if you dont like it just go back to the way you were doing. I used to have my volume full power but now I feel I get so much more from mixing down at half volume imo.

Its always good to quick reference in your car, I always do that. Even putting it on a CD to listen to it on different stereo systems. But really you need to invest in studio monitors. The monitors job is to give the best driest feel of your track to point out errors and give you more ideas where you can improve and work on. Your car stereo is more likely "beautifying" your track so it would sound a lot better to listen to vs studio monitors. Car system vs studio monitors = Lies vs Truth if that makes sense

Last edited:
It's been awhile but I've finally updated this track and think it's pretty much finished now. Hurray for delays and reverb.

Back