[EDM House/Mainstream Deep House] Paradise - Mark Smit

MarkSmh

Hey guys,

Currently I am 99% done with this track, maybe even 100.

This is a track a track which I've sequenced and wrote out chords and everything with.

I am curious what u guys think, if you have anything for me to check out then feel free to post below in the comments :).
All mixed and mastered by me.

Paradise 5 by Mark Smit | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Great track. I think you could shorten the beginning, and add some more lyrics. I really like the chorus and nice bass line.

Yea, I can't add more lyrics since the vocal is from a sample pack.

If I had more lyrics I would do it for sure :).
The long intro is meant for mixing purposes.

Thanks for the comment and ur comment on my older track!

like the overall beat a lot. mixing sounds good. really like the funky bass. in my ears the vocals sounds off key, but maybe thats me. I like basically everything excepts the vocal.

Yes, at like the middle part of the riddle the vocal goes for 7th note or something.
Almost impossible to get the chords in tune for that and keeping the theme.
It's only a small part.

Vocals sometimes make or break a song (for people).
Personally I liked the combination but I could get why u don't like it.

Glad that u liked the beat thanks!

Mark!
Track is so good! Works perfect. I would recommend you work a bit more on buildup, for instance sweep up is too loud. Also try to make drop a bit brighter, good solution would be adding presence to piano. Overall it sounds great and song has that feeling.

If you have some free time please listen to my new song, it has different vibes but I'm courious what you think.

[G-house] Mad - U Know That Bass
Cheers!

Hey thanks man!

The sweep is a lowcut filter on the master, maybe it was a bit lazy for me (looking back).
I already sended it to someone to check this track out so it is final now.

Yea the piano for me was a bit of a hazzle to mix, it took me a lot of work.
It is actually 3 vsts playing the same notes.
This is how it sounded when I started the project Paradise by Mark Smit | Free Listening on SoundCloud

So I think I've come a long way.

Thanks for you comment, I left you some feedback!

Works good! Everything has already been said but I can't shake the feeling that some little things could be added or modified. But of course it's a matter of taste.
Too bad you haven't got some voice bits in your pack ("oooh's" "ummmmh's" and stuff like that) because I really miss the vocal sometimes. Drum tricks between sequences could be added too (rev cymb, rolling snares, ...), IMO it's crucial to "humanize" the arrangement...and would be better than just a simple sweep! Why not play the piano differently from time to time? (or even once?). But this is only details, you nailed it for the most part of it! Good work!

Last edited:
Hi,
I like the vocals :-)
In my eyes doesnt fit the chordstructure 100 %
Funky Piano rythm!
at 2:53 very cool buildup.
Keep it up
kind regards,
Stans

Works good! Everything has already been said but I can't shake the feeling that some little things could be added or modified. But of course it's a matter of taste.
Too bad you haven't got some voice bits in your pack ("oooh's" "ummmmh's" and stuff like that) because I really miss the vocal sometimes. Drum tricks between sequences could be added too (rev cymb, rolling snares, ...), IMO it's crucial to "humanize" the arrangement...and would be better than just a simple sweep! Why not play the piano differently from time to time? (or even once?). But this is only details, you nailed it for the most part of it! Good work!

Thanks!

Yea the things you pointed out could use a bit of work, but I wanted the piano to be more stable.

That's why i didnt add variance to it.

I had some vocal cuts in it, but I don't like the way it sounded.
I kinda gave up on that :p.

Thanks for the feedback dude very nice!

Hi,
I like the vocals :-)
In my eyes doesnt fit the chordstructure 100 %
Funky Piano rythm!
at 2:53 very cool buildup.
Keep it up
kind regards,
Stans

Yeah I wouldn't say it is perfect, but in my eyes it sounded pretty catchy.
That's the reason why I decided to keep it this way.

Thanks man!

Back