EDM/House beat

I think your bass is too low, but not like a volume problem. Give it rhythm and make chords, I feel it only one note is playing

Not mixed much, am I right here?

It could use a lot EQ'ing, etc.

But the idea of the track is good, it sounds cool, imo.

The beginning reminds me of some type of crime investigation scene here, very subtle, nothing too intense, at 1:50 the piano is somewhat off key but you make up for that with the tune of the track man, you should use that as inspiration for your next track, I think you have something here.

The beginning reminds me of some type of crime investigation scene here, very subtle, nothing too intense, at 1:50 the piano is somewhat off key but you make up for that with the tune of the track man, you should use that as inspiration for your next track, I think you have something here.
Thanks a lot mate I really do appreciate this.

I think the drums can hit harder. They sound toyish I guess is the term? very 808 ish analog feel
Hey man thank you for the feedback.
I work a lot on the drum sounds but never seem to get the sound that I want. Could you please tell me what VSTs you recommend for drums?.
Cheers

Hey man thank you for the feedback.
I work a lot on the drum sounds but never seem to get the sound that I want. Could you please tell me what VSTs you recommend for drums?.
Cheers

VST ?

Maybe the samples you've used ain't high/studio quality and need a lot of compression/boosting to sound strong enough. Try look for better samples and then mix them well with everything!

If you are not getting enough low end or attack out of a snare or kick you can try layering them just youtube how to layer drums. If you are using a bass with a lot of sub you might not want sub on your kick because the frequencies will clash. Then if you have a kick with a lot of sub and want to keep that sub boom kick then you might try and lower the sub frequencies in the bass. If you listen some heavy metal double bass you can almost hear like a click on the kick and its so it can be heard within the context of heavy double bass. Some samples sound good enough where you don't have to do anything. Your hi hats don't sound bad at all you have some nice dynamics's on them. A lot of guys will pan the hats slightly to the left in a mix. toms from high to low panned right to left. crash cymbals vary. Its just all about balance

Last edited:
VST ?

Maybe the samples you've used ain't high/studio quality and need a lot of compression/boosting to sound strong enough. Try look for better samples and then mix them well with everything!

Yea I've been trying to create my own sounds, but I do want to record my own samples.
Thanks again mate.

If you are not getting enough low end or attack out of a snare or kick you can try layering them just youtube how to layer drums. If you are using a bass with a lot of sub you might not want sub on your kick because the frequencies will clash. Then if you have a kick with a lot of sub and want to keep that sub boom kick then you might try and lower the sub frequencies in the bass. If you listen some heavy metal double bass you can almost hear like a click on the kick and its so it can be heard within the context of heavy double bass. Some samples sound good enough where you don't have to do anything. Your hi hats don't sound bad at all you have some nice dynamics's on them. A lot of guys will pan the hats slightly to the left in a mix. toms from high to low panned right to left. crash cymbals vary. Its just all about balance

Ive only recently started paying attention to the frequency clashes. I must admit not much EQing was done on this track and almost no mastering. I guess the mixing stage of production is as important as the rest and I do need to work on those skills.
Really appreciate this mate thanks.

Back