Duel Personality - Thank you for everyone who offered feedback!

dubwell

Thank you for everyone who gave feedback on this track before the release. For everyone who offered up some genuine help- i listed you in the description.

Duel Personality is a song that is all guitar (with the exception of the intro little synth, and the rattle snake (which is actually a maraca). I took a slightly detuned guitar, and made a western chord progression. Then I copied it and dropped it down an octave, and another copy and dropped that down and once more for a full bass sound. Then I played some classical guitar, and reversed it - then sliced it back in the right order of the melody. I realized the song was only 50 seconds so I tried to make a drastically different chorus with electric guitar that still fit in the track. After that I realized I only had 2 minutes of a song, so I played another electric lead- and sliced it, creating a weird mesh of acoustic and electric guitar that in turn sounded electronic. The pads you hear are actually some fancy classical guitar chords that I stretched twice the length to get a floating feel.

Back