[Dubstep] "Know They Know" - Looking for feedback

Hey there, this is an interesting track and I think you have some good potential

KLNKY'S REVIEW SHEET

GOOD POINTS:
Nice Rhythms
Powerful Drums

IMPROVEMENTS:
I monitored this and everything seemed to be happening in the mid range of the audio spectrum. The way you could improve this is by learning how to EQ. If you already know how to EQ then you should work on making your sounds wider by putting your sub bass in mono, etc.
The FX/Chant around 24 seconds in is a bit loud and a bit sudden.
The transition between the drop and the break is very sudden, it sounds like they are two different songs

Overall, I think you have some great potential and I think you can really make it if you focus on song structure and mixing/mastering. Also, the title says dubstep but the song is electronic.

Also, what DAW (FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton, etc.) do you use? If you use FL Studio and you are happy with sending me the project file I would be happy to analyze the song in a bit more depth to tell you exactly how you can improve.

Last edited:
Hey there, this is an interesting track and I think you have some good potential

KLNKY'S REVIEW SHEET

GOOD POINTS:
Nice Rhythms
Powerful Drums

IMPROVEMENTS:
I monitored this and everything seemed to be happening in the mid range of the audio spectrum. The way you could improve this is by learning how to EQ. If you already know how to EQ then you should work on making your sounds wider by putting your sub bass in mono, etc.
The FX/Chant around 24 seconds in is a bit loud and a bit sudden.
The transition between the drop and the break is very sudden, it sounds like they are two different songs

Overall, I think you have some great potential and I think you can really make it if you focus on song structure and mixing/mastering. Also, the title says dubstep but the song is electronic.

Also, what DAW (FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton, etc.) do you use? If you use FL Studio and you are happy with sending me the project file I would be happy to analyze the song in a bit more depth to tell you exactly how you can improve.

Thanks for the input.

When you say everything is happening at the mid range of the spectrum- is that frequency? I am an elec engineer and understand spectrum analysis so I am trying to correlate to what you are referring to. What freq band do you see this sound falling within?

In regards to EQ'ing - I don't have much experience but always looking to learn. I guess I have much to learn when you say putting the sub bass in mono and what that translates to. I will try and find information to educate myself on this.

Again - thanks for the input.

Hey, thanks for replying! When I say the mid-range of the specturum I mean frequency ranges. You will learn more about frequencies if you learn about EQing :)!

I hope you learn about EQing!

Whats up man. So I think you've got a good sense of structure; moves along nicely (heck of alot better composition than my first pieces). The instruments sound good together, (if you've done nothing with the eq; than you've got a good ear and ability to not muddy up the frequency range we can hear, simply by picking sounds that compliment each other). I concur with getting some more low end presence in this tack and "widen" the track overall. Recommended studies: Separating bass frequency patch ranges (high, mid, low). Sidechain compression (everytime the kick hits you'll have effect of bringing the volume down on desired tracks, making more room for the kick(which is the bread of much electronic music)). I think if you spend more time processing and modifying patches and sounds to make them more unique and custom; your sound will gain more character and response from audience. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing this.

Back