[Dubstep Hybrid] Xenomorph

JKillz

Hey there,

Recently I wanted to create a Drumstep style hybrid. So I did some sound designs and went crazy with tons of modulations and automations. It might be hard to imagine that the majority of the track is just 1 single sound that is twisted and mangled in various ways :P

Anyways, feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks for listening!

Hey there,

Recently I wanted to create a Drumstep style hybrid. So I did some sound designs and went crazy with tons of modulations and automations. It might be hard to imagine that the majority of the track is just 1 single sound that is twisted and mangled in various ways :P

Anyways, feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks for listening!

What up, JKillz?!

I gotta start off by saying that you are extremely talented and I like your song a lot. I literally signed on to SoundCloud just to give you a like.

I think that you could do more with the intro, I want it to capture the totality of my attention and draw me into the song. Great job with all of the modulation!

If you want, you could give me some feedback on the song I posted a few days ago here, I would highly appreciate if you would! Thanks!

?

Wow, BVRN, that is a huge compliment and I very much appreciate your kind words.

I also appreciate the feedback on the intro and admit I didn't give it the same level of detail in comparison to the rest of the song, but I'll be more aware going forward for sure :)

Wow, BVRN, that is a huge compliment and I very much appreciate your kind words.

I also appreciate the feedback on the intro and admit I didn't give it the same level of detail in comparison to the rest of the song, but I'll be more aware going forward for sure :)

Sweet deal! We're all here to help each other, and I'm surprised that you are so versatile when it comes to music. I've heard your psytrance and it is very good as well so i guess if we musicians manage to evoke feelings in people, then we can cross genres pretty easily.

Have a great day!

?

Nice full track, mix is on point. Detailed synth design and manipulation; not easy taking a single patch/sound and keeping it interesting throughout the track. Agree with putting more effort into the intro; just to warm up to it a bit more before dropping into a heavy bass ride. Stripping it down more somewhere in the middle (remove drums, leads...(try a pad?), may create the opportunity to build tension and then drop it again....

I'd appreciate feedback as well on my latest post as well. Keep up the good work.

So true BVRN, I enjoy the process of sharing and learning from each other as we go. Thanks again for the kinds words :)

Thanks enkrypted, you have some great feedback that I can take going forward. Always looking for ways to improve.

So true BVRN, I enjoy the process of sharing and learning from each other as we go. Thanks again for the kinds words :)

Thanks enkrypted, you have some great feedback that I can take going forward. Always looking for ways to improve.

Us musicians have to stick together because as we all know, it is a long and tedious process to bring a song to fruition (takes me on average I think 35 hours, a full work week for the average American!) and we need to keep our spirits high.

We also need second, third, and fourth opinions because we have a tendency to miss things in our songs after hearing them thousands of time through the creation process, mixing process, etc. so we can all try to help each other with the latter part at least!

I'm looking forward to your next song!

?

Last edited:
Thanks Fudgetusk, I appreciate it :)

BVRN - Wise words, couldn't agree more. Sometimes I sink 40+ into a song and it never sees the light of day, but that is part of the process lol. I appreciate it and will be sure to check out your latest stuff as well. Maybe this weekend will give me some much needed music time to get caught up :P

Take it easy!

Back