[DUBSTEP] Feedback needed

Simplex1z

07 - 07 - 2017 by Simplex | Free Listening on SoundCloud

All of the basses are FM basses made from scratch (in Sytrus), the fills and destruction sound effects are samples.
Mixing was a bit tricky with this track and I feel like the snare is still not sitting well in the mix.
Since this is a heavy genre, I attempted to master more "aggressively" with most of the track sitting at about 0db.
All of the mixing and mastering was made using headphones (Audio Technica ath-m40x).

I'd love some honest feedback on production as well as composition in general.
I do not usually produce heavy genres, but I've decided to challenge myself. This is technically my first attempt at producing a heavy genre with the main elements being FM basses so I do expect harsh feedback.
Oh, and the SoundCloud mp3 compression is pretty bad so a download is available in 192kbps.
Cheers!

I don't really know much about this production style either but you are right about the snare, the attack should be a lot snappier. Your basses sounded really good to me. This is probably a stylistic choice but some softer parts could create a better flow for the track and keep it from getting repetitive. Drum breakdowns where the bass cuts out would also sound sweet in this style. Good first attempt!

Back