[DUBSTEP] Downfall [F4F]

Not bad, I like the transitions and all the synths sound pretty good, but maybe some work on the synth that comes in at 1:50. Perhaps a bit of reverb on it. Also I would say you should work a bit on the drums, such as the snare at 1:40 and 2:43. It seems too heavy to be repeated that quickly. Maybe alternate between two snare samples that sound similar but not the same. Also the hats around 2:45 need more effects. Perhaps some more reverb and delay effect and have them fade with a filter, rather than just with volume. But that's just my opinion. I'm not to big into dubstep so I might be a bit biased.

would you mind giving feedback to my song here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ions-feedback-ambient-house-track-f4f-515312/

It's clean. The master sounds pretty professional. I like it nice work. Maybe do some more rythmatic sync panning. Maybe change up the sounds on the heavy break a little more so it's a bit more technical

Thanks for the thoughts! I agree more panning would help open up the track for stereo and a little more going on in the heavy drop would help keep interest. I actually like the sound of the snare roll, but yeah having 2 snares back and forth might sound more natural.

I like it mate the mix is loud and clear and the sounds are punchy and up to date, i look forward to
the complete mix.

This sounds very professional. My only gripe is the snare sounds a little plastic, and its not the snares fault, i think maybe if you added another snare underneath it with a slightly longer tail it would sound more complete. While you are messing with the drums choose random patterns you made, and change some velocity of some of the hats. If you wanna get tricky you can throw a drum pattern in and record it, then reverse it and incorporate a sound or two from the reverse drums into the normal drums. As for the rest of the song I like when you make that change of transition at 1:50. I also have 1 other very small suggestion. I noticed the actual meat of the song ended around 3:00. It does work all the way to 3:44, but dont ever feel like you have to extend a song if its less than 3 minutes. If you feel the song resolves around 3 minutes, feel free to make it 3 minutes. People are more prone to like something that is too short rather than something that may or may not overstay its welcome (not that it does, im just saying in the future)

Overall great job. I could see my self hearing this on the BPM satellite radio station.

I would love some input on my track over here if could leave some :)

Last edited:
An awesome powerful start, really rumbles in my headphones. The mix sounds really clear, I think you've done a good job there. I think the percussion sounds good, but kinda limited - maybe try adding a couple more perc and see how it sounds? Maybe some other snares? Not sure if that'll work or not. It reminds me of a few years ago when I was massively into dubstep :) I'll follow you on soundcloud

I like this bro. I agree with the drop being a little weak,but I like the acid style bass yo u have going on. Listening on my phone right now but when I get home I'll check it out on the monitors!

Yo this is pretty sick, very good production and mix.
As mentioned above the drop at 1:50 is a bit weak.. I feel like if you chucked a low grimy synth it could bring it some heat

Keep it up!

Back