Dreaming Awake - House Producer Kosius - F4F

It's not really my type of house music, but I do appreciate the fact that you have only been at it for 3 months. I can agree with some of these other posts that the levels are a bit loud and instead of maxing everything out (I have the same issue :P ) try to lower it all and raise it where it matters! Keep at it and I look forward to listening to your future productions,

Cheers!

If you're interested search for Wallengard on soundcloud to find some of my own tracks.

Thanks a lot! I am trying to improve my game! Mixing and all included ;)
I will check your link ( and everyone else's) tomorrow evening since I'm on my phone right now...
Thanks everyone once again!

Mix is dope for the most part I think the snares and kicks need to hit harder, be a bit more punchier. The key work is dope in my opinion. The arp is dope too. Goood concepts and transitions. I dont listen to much house but good job. Filter work is dope too. But at that 1 26 point id just have the claps and kicks more in your house, not a big house guy I like EDC trap and dubstep somewhat but yea, good job from I can tell. Return the feed when you can - https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../new-beat-ayodlo-|-drake-type-ish-f4f-459029/

It's not really my type of house music, but I do appreciate the fact that you have only been at it for 3 months. I can agree with some of these other posts that the levels are a bit loud and instead of maxing everything out (I have the same issue :P ) try to lower it all and raise it where it matters! Keep at it and I look forward to listening to your future productions,

Cheers!

If you're interested search for Wallengard on soundcloud to find some of my own tracks.

Hey man your stuff sounds great! Your latest songs seem pretty well EQed. (older ones are good aswell!)
I will definitely try your trick for my next tracks!

Hey man your stuff sounds great! Your latest songs seem pretty well EQed. (older ones are good aswell!)
I will definitely try your trick for my next tracks!

I'm glad I if I might be of some help to you in your progress! I think my comment didn't really express what I really thought of your track. Which I thought was a well made one and I am genuinly interested in what's to come.

Those older songs on my page you heard are history, (hehe)
not even made in the same DAW. I'm as of today trying to find a balance between my old style and my new skills. Which is (for me) not so easy to actually do in practice.

Keep in mind that there is a big difference in mixing and mastering yourself, and mixing a song to be ready for mastering. If you are planning to mix your song and have someone else master it you should be very weary of your levels. Try not to compress and limit sounds too much and keep your master level output to about -6db. This way your mastering engineer has more room to work with and even though your initial .wav export might sound a little low in volume it'll be a much greater result in the end.
And in the end of the day EQ can't fully make up for and doesn't mean half of what a good sound choice does.

Last edited:
I'm glad I if I might be of some help to you in your progress! I think my comment didn't really express what I really thought of your track. Which I thought was a well made one and I am genuinly interested in what's to come.

Those older songs on my page you heard are history, (hehe)
not even made in the same DAW. I'm as of today trying to find a balance between my old style and my new skills. Which is (for me) not so easy to actually do in practice.

Keep in mind that there is a big difference in mixing and mastering yourself, and mixing a song to be ready for mastering. If you are planning to mix your song and have someone else master it you should be very weary of your levels. Try not to compress and limit sounds too much and keep your master level output to about -6db. This way your mastering engineer has more room to work with and even though your initial .wav export might sound a little low in volume it'll be a much greater result in the end.
And in the end of the day EQ can't fully make up for and doesn't mean half of what a good sound choice does.

Thanks! that's very nice of you :) I'm interested in your stuff aswell, so that means you got a new follower on soundcloud ;)
Well, I'm doing everything myself, because there really isn't any reason why I'd be having a personal sound engineer and whatnot... I'm far from the best, but I'm learning from every song and I'm striving to get better and better!
I will try your tips and see how I can work with it. Some songs that I'm working on now are much clearer sound wise!

Thanks again!

if the drums banged this shit would be on point man. im sure if you took it to a studio they would help you out with it big time. I can respect this.

This is a lot better than anything i made 3 months into producing. The leads are good, the drums could be mixed better though. Stay at it!

Check out:
Big Sean x Mula (FVME REMIX) by f v m e on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Thanks a lot! I'm working harder on my current tracks' levels to be sure everything is much clearer.

Do you have a FP thread link so I can drop a comment? If not, first time I listened to it, the beginning wasn't my thing really. However, as the track progressed, it got much more interesting! (around the 0:30 mark) I like it a lot man. Everything sounds clear and seems to go well together.
How long have you been producing? And are the vocals actual voice recordings or samples?
Good stuff! Keep at it!

if the drums banged this shit would be on point man. im sure if you took it to a studio they would help you out with it big time. I can respect this.

Thanks I appreciate it! I know my drums are a bit weak unfortunately... However, I am learning from every new song I make :) EQing and mastering is now my highest priority!

This sounds as good as almost everything i heard at the last rave i went to. What software are you using? are you designing your own synths?

Nice. Feels trancy to me. It sounds a bit too crowded in the mix like it´s not cutted enough in EQ, especially the big synth stabs. Maybe cut down on the reverb and give it more delay if you have a lot of verb. Hard to hear exactly. Or it might be enough to EQ some of the low end outta the EFX chain.

Keep it up.

And.... how did you make the waveform in the video?

Last edited:
Back