[Downtempo] Lake of Tranquility

Hey guys,

I just finished up my album Lake of Tranquility. It's been a while in the making, but now that it's finally finished, I'd like to see if I might be able to get some feedback on it. There are 6 tracks total on this release.

Like most of my stuff, it combines aspects of downtempo / chillout, blends in a bit of electronica, an of course has plenty of organic elements to it as well.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. Should you have something you'd like some feedback on, feel free to let me know on here or drop me a message on SoundCloud.

Lake of Tranquility by Abstract Methodology | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Track 1: good stuff, very relaxing! It sort of reminds me of Tycho and Phaeleh. It sounds very organic and trippy, with a hint of hip hop.
Track 2: this reeks of Shpongle, in a good way lol! Love it!
Track 3: I really fuck with those kind of 80's lead synths. It gives the track a cool vintage vibe while the rest of the sound design is modern as hell.
Track 4: I like how you've mixed piano with dubstep elements. It kinda reminds me of some of Blackmill's stuff.
Track 5: this track would be better with some more variation in the drum patterns. Other than that, great track!
Track 6: the sound design on this track is next level! I especially love that wet snare or clap or whatever it is. It sounds like it's liquid lol.

Great EP! It boggles my mind that people are sleeping on this...

Thanks a ton for taking the time to listen and provide such awesome feedback man. I also got your message on soundcloud, thanks, and appreciate the like and follow! :)

I especially appreciate the comment regarding Shpongle. Not a whole lot of people know who they are or like their music. That's a huge compliment to me and means a lot honestly, cuz I'm a huge fan of Simon's work, both in Shpongle and in his collabs and other solo work. To me, his music and mixing is pure perfection. Def my favorite artist with Ott coming in behind him.

I appreciate the tips on Track 5. It was originally not supposed to be on that album, but it fit better on this, than the other 2 I've been writing and working on. I will definitely keep your feedback in mind for that, and try to switch up the drums and create a bit more variation throughout my tracks in the future.

Thanks again for the kind words and feedback man. I truly appreciate them!

Back