[Deep House / Post Dubstep] Valdemar – KIND

Somn

Bass

My new single, released on june 22:nd. Went for a sort of "future beats" vibe this time around, although my main genres are house and techno. Been listening to lots of UK post dubstep like Mount Kimbie and Jamie xx and believe it shows in this one.
Let me know if you want a download and hope you enjoy the track!

Also available on Spotify.

Drop your thread below your comment and I will try to check it out.

Last edited:
It definitely shows.. but yours is a good take, a bit tougher than the usual, I like that.
I'm not fan of that vocal though, it can do with without if you ask me.

Nice tune.. nothing to critique. Overall though, to bring it to that next level I'm kind of missing a more experimental approach maybe.. To me 'post-dubstep' can mean almost any kind of sound.. what connects it into a kind of genre is that it's always very clever... there's always something that makes it stand out, and makes it a kind of alien, unique experience. A unique vocal performance or production method. That's kind of lacking here.. I don't know, it's hard to explain. It's a subtle thing.. if you overdo it, you come off as trying too hard and that's even worse.

But that's not meant as a criticism, apart from the vocals this is definitely something I'd play and I'm a picky bastard!

Nice one homie! it's catchy :) Although I expected a bit more energy.... maybe its because of the genre.
Keep it up

interesting sound it make me feel warm
Thank you so much, I really like that!

It definitely shows.. but yours is a good take, a bit tougher than the usual, I like that.
I'm not fan of that vocal though, it can do with without if you ask me.

Nice tune.. nothing to critique. Overall though, to bring it to that next level I'm kind of missing a more experimental approach maybe.. To me 'post-dubstep' can mean almost any kind of sound.. what connects it into a kind of genre is that it's always very clever... there's always something that makes it stand out, and makes it a kind of alien, unique experience. A unique vocal performance or production method. That's kind of lacking here.. I don't know, it's hard to explain. It's a subtle thing.. if you overdo it, you come off as trying too hard and that's even worse.

Thank you so much for your critique, all valid points. The vocal really seems to divide the people that have been listening. There is like a 50/50 split between people liking and disliking it. I personally think the song would have been lacking without them, but it is incredibly useful to take in all viewpoints and to hear what other people hear.

Nice one homie! it's catchy :) Although I expected a bit more energy.... maybe its because of the genre.
Keep it up
Thanks a lot!

Experimenting a little bit and it doesn't sound bad at all , congratulations . stands apart from the crowd , it speaks for itself . Breaks are well structured as well and the bass kicked in good , you put a hook on that fish for sure . On the other hand , yes - the vocals seem a little bit too much but I think you can master that a little more . they don't sound bad but they stand out too much in comparison with other elements so try molding it a little more .
Per total , awesome job ! Almost blew me over if it weren't for the vocals 7/10 - strong !

Writing as I listen. Great dynamics in the beginning and love the stereo imaging. I could definitely see this played in a slightly underground kind of environment. Pretty good bass progression once that kicks in, but wouldn't mind if it were a bit more interesting - either in elements you mix or the particular notes struck. Once it gets going with the 1/16 bass notes it picks up a nice pace, and it continues in the "interesting kind of background music" realm.

Experimenting a little bit and it doesn't sound bad at all , congratulations . stands apart from the crowd , it speaks for itself . Breaks are well structured as well and the bass kicked in good , you put a hook on that fish for sure . On the other hand , yes - the vocals seem a little bit too much but I think you can master that a little more . they don't sound bad but they stand out too much in comparison with other elements so try molding it a little more .
Per total , awesome job ! Almost blew me over if it weren't for the vocals 7/10 - strong !
Thank you so much!
Good thoughts about the vocals. A reduction might have been in order.

Writing as I listen. Great dynamics in the beginning and love the stereo imaging. I could definitely see this played in a slightly underground kind of environment. Pretty good bass progression once that kicks in, but wouldn't mind if it were a bit more interesting - either in elements you mix or the particular notes struck. Once it gets going with the 1/16 bass notes it picks up a nice pace, and it continues in the "interesting kind of background music" realm.
Got nothing but love for background music! Thank you for the input and compliments on the mixing. It was all done in the laptop so took quite a while to get it all right, feels good to hear it was worth it!

Hey there, great tune. Everything sounds crisp, nice bass, good mixing, I can hear everything clearly. I really like the sound at aboult halfway through. I can't give an exact time since this website is displaying weird for me. I'm a big fan of the drumwork and the detail in it, the musical pauses and the interludes. The one downside for me is the vocals. They are too loud, and maybe a bit annoying. I would try experimenting with softening them, changing them, or removing them.

A
Averisina | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Hey there, great tune. Everything sounds crisp, nice bass, good mixing, I can hear everything clearly. I really like the sound at aboult halfway through. I can't give an exact time since this website is displaying weird for me. I'm a big fan of the drumwork and the detail in it, the musical pauses and the interludes. The one downside for me is the vocals. They are too loud, and maybe a bit annoying. I would try experimenting with softening them, changing them, or removing them.

A
Averisina | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thank you so much for your feedback, I left a comment in your thread as well.

Back