[Deep House] MarkS - Thinking About It, Giving feedback back

MarkSmh

Hey guys,

Just finished this "deep" house track, it has a lot of piano in it.

What u guys think?

Also post ur tracks or threads here aswell :)

- MarkS

Thanks for my feedback, I had a listen to your track on my laptop I like it but it sounds a bit dry and needs extra low end although it could be my laptop speakers as I could not hear the kick drum or a bassline properly, but I like it :)

Thanks for my feedback, I had a listen to your track on my laptop I like it but it sounds a bit dry and needs extra low end although it could be my laptop speakers as I could not hear the kick drum or a bassline properly, but I like it :)
I don't think I've ever heard of a laptop with speakers that could get some real bass out of.

Thanks for listening though!

The kick could probably be a bit tighter instead of so boomy but that's just my opinion. Great track overall!

Sounds good, great piano! Maybe lower the piano just a mikro, and some sidechain to it? Another tip to make it more sexy, is to lover bpm by 4 or something. I really like yor track, Keep it up :cheers:

The kick could probably be a bit tighter instead of so boomy but that's just my opinion. Great track overall!

Thanks man!

Yea I normally use heavy kicks with a lot of character, maybe a bit my style but I can maybe devolp my kicks a bit more.

Again thanks for listening!

Sounds good, great piano! Maybe lower the piano just a mikro, and some sidechain to it? Another tip to make it more sexy, is to lover bpm by 4 or something. I really like yor track, Keep it up :cheers:

Thanks!

No I really wanted to make the track a bit inbetween down and uptempo, I think 121 BPM is fine now.

It has some quite heavy side chain to it though, but maybe I didn over do the low EQ a bit!

Thanks man!

Overall like the arrangement, mixing, and mastering. Sounds not far from a commercial release. Really like the vocal. My main comments (and bear in mind I'm an amateur producer with 5 years of experience and no professional releases or training):

(1) - The sounds are a bit vanilla. It sounds like almost every sound is from a basic DAW synth preset or sample. In particular, the lead synths, cymbals, and claps all sound very vanilla/generic. Maybe some of them can be made more interesting (layer some of the synths, maybe change some of the perc sounds, or add a unique top loop or two)

(2) - The cymbals and wooshes sound "boxy", like maybe too much midrange (500 Hz-1k Hz?). I found the woosh in particular very vanilla and boxy.

(3) - I found the high string sounding synth a bit grating and very vanilla. At the very least, could use some more reverb and/or release.

Again, I'm no pro, so take this with a grain of salt. Just my 2 cents :-).

Overall like the arrangement, mixing, and mastering. Sounds not far from a commercial release. Really like the vocal. My main comments (and bear in mind I'm an amateur producer with 5 years of experience and no professional releases or training):

(1) - The sounds are a bit vanilla. It sounds like almost every sound is from a basic DAW synth preset or sample. In particular, the lead synths, cymbals, and claps all sound very vanilla/generic. Maybe some of them can be made more interesting (layer some of the synths, maybe change some of the perc sounds, or add a unique top loop or two)

(2) - The cymbals and wooshes sound "boxy", like maybe too much midrange (500 Hz-1k Hz?). I found the woosh in particular very vanilla and boxy.

(3) - I found the high string sounding synth a bit grating and very vanilla. At the very least, could use some more reverb and/or release.

Again, I'm no pro, so take this with a grain of salt. Just my 2 cents :-).

Thanks for the feedback,

To be honest, the claps and and elements are a bit generic because they are from sample packs.
I layered some kicks and claps and hats to make it sound pretty full and that was kinda my goal with this track.

If I would go back to the track and edit something, it would probably be the strings sounding a bit more wet.

Thanks for the feedback man, it's pretty usefull for me!

Really nice deep house track, I would make a better or longer built-up or something, because I was pretty suprised that the drop came that fast. Over-all: Nice mix-down, nice atmosphere, kick could be bit punchier.

Nice track. I enjoyed this. Feel good music. The only issues are the eqing and some of the sounds are a little thin. Nothing that some more layering and saturation wont fix. Nothing wrong with boomy kicks either, just need to layer one with some top end on it with all the boom eqed out. Then add saturation to taste and compress them back together, (can even use the same kick sample ). Good track, keep em coming.

Really nice deep house track, I would make a better or longer built-up or something, because I was pretty suprised that the drop came that fast. Over-all: Nice mix-down, nice atmosphere, kick could be bit punchier.

Hmm maybe the kick could been a bit more punchy, but not by much I think. My purpose was to make it not so aggressive otherwise it would sound too "techy".
Also most listeners don't like the long build up for the kind of music I try to go with.

Glad u liked it so far ;), thanks man!

Nice track. I enjoyed this. Feel good music. The only issues are the eqing and some of the sounds are a little thin. Nothing that some more layering and saturation wont fix. Nothing wrong with boomy kicks either, just need to layer one with some top end on it with all the boom eqed out. Then add saturation to taste and compress them back together, (can even use the same kick sample ). Good track, keep em coming.

Thanks man!

I still want to experiment with compression and saturation more for sure, I don't have too much knownledge about both of them.
I really liked ur feedback, I can work on that in the future ;)

Back