Danny Darko - Hurricane Remix

Sayeska

Hey there!
It's my first time posting but hopefully I will be around for a while, I've been producing for about a month now
leave me your links and I'll get back to everyone!

Anyhow without further ado, this remix is my most recent post and any criticism or praise at all would be really appreciated:

https://soundcloud.com/sayeska/danny-darko-hurricane-remix

I've been unable to label it with a specific genre so far but I was going for something slightly chilled out yet uplifting, idk. Thank you so much in advance, any and all feedback means so much to me at this early stage!

Last edited:
Hi fellow, i must say that your remix is much more suitable to my taste than the original work, so good job :). Just 2 little advice. The octave-shifted vocals could be layered to constitute chords for a richer feeling. For the drum lines, kicks could be a little deeper and the snare could be a little more aggressive. Yet my opinions are highly subjective, and as i said before it is good piece of work..

hey man,

im in the middle of remixing this my self ha so its nice to see the competion. i actually disagree with tengrino. octave shifted vocals dont have to be in fiths, take that huge jack u tune thats out now. also i think the kick could use a boost on the top end to have it cut through a bit more but a more agressive kick would ruin the relaxing vibe. good mix man. hope my remix is as good ha

Hi fellow, i must say that your remix is much more suitable to my taste than the original work, so good job :). Just 2 little advice. The octave-shifted vocals could be layered to constitute chords for a richer feeling. For the drum lines, kicks could be a little deeper and the snare could be a little more aggressive. Yet my opinions are highly subjective, and as i said before it is good piece of work..

hey man,

im in the middle of remixing this my self ha so its nice to see the competion. i actually disagree with tengrino. octave shifted vocals dont have to be in fiths, take that huge jack u tune thats out now. also i think the kick could use a boost on the top end to have it cut through a bit more but a more agressive kick would ruin the relaxing vibe. good mix man. hope my remix is as good ha

Cheers guys for your helpful and kind feedback, be sure to drop me any links you'd like checking out and I'll make sure I do so!
Edit: good luck on the competition Milo

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the review and comments on my track! It is greatly appreciated and always welcomed. You heard some of the names before that support me?
As far as the genre I think it falls into chill-step or somewhere close to there. Did you happen to pan your snare and Hi Hat hits (snaps)? I think panning these could clean up the upper mix slightly. I am not saying it is messy, but I feel like they could have and use a little space, In my opinion. I think the kick could use a little EQing and slight compression to give it a deeper sound with a little more low punch. Overall i enjoy the track quite a bit and found it of very good quality. I specially like the build section as it doesn't get too busy or out of flavour like some can. Thank you again and for the follow back. Noticed it when I was writing this. All the best, Jake.

No worries man, same to you! Admittedly I didn't know them beforehand, but I had a google of their names and I quite liked Jack That House (which just reminded me to go back and throw him a follow). Cheers man, I'll take that on board, the panning didnt even cross my mind at the time but it seems so obvious now, good shout pal! Appreciated!

Hey Sayeska,

Really liked the intro, had a great progression to it. That pitched vocal had a significant impact on the track, really nice job on that. That guitar sound had a really nice touch to it as well.

Few things I think the track could benefit from. The dynamics in the track are kind of lost from the end of the buildup, into the drop. Maybe dropping something out before that big section would help it out. I think that lead sound that comes in at the drops could be a bit louder just to bring that melody out. The vocals are very nice, but sometimes it sounds like there is to much going on (2:30), or at that end drop. Taking away some of those samples and bringing that lead sound out might help. Less is more sometimes.

Great track overall though man, really enjoyed it!
OAKUM--

I like the pitched vocals on this remix, it puts this track in its own category compared the the original and I think that is really cool. I also agree with other reviews about the mix getting kind of too busy at points. Another thing is I wish the snare and claps were more prominent and had more low mid in them to make em hit a bit harder.

Back