[Dance] sxop - breakingBEDOUIN

sxop

Hi,

I recently registered in this forum and would like to share my latest track with you:

breakingBEDOUIN by sxop | Free Listening on SoundCloud

This time I tried to reduce the amount of limiters/compressors/maximizers as much as possible.
You can see at the shape of the soundcloud waveform: it has many peaks, plateaus, lows etc. instead of the typical rectangular shape found nowadays ;)

It's written in E arabic scale and has a solid 128 BPM.

Hope you enjoy!
sxop

Last edited:
I really like that synth you're using for the chords especially when your putting it through the LPF in the beginning. It has the right amount of detune to give it a nice warm tone. I usually don't hear too many people making electronic music in that scale (it sounds Arabic/Indian), it's very refreshing and really makes the track stand out. Overall I think the track is mixed very well. Everything comes through the mix and you allow enough room for the texture of the bass synth to come through nicely even during very intense parts of the song, well done! The only thing I noticed was a rhythmic clicky sound during the first build up that sounded as if it has a little too much high-frequency content. Maybe use a high shelf filter to tone that down a bit or just reduce the volume of it. That's really the only thing that should be changed imo. If you don't mind giving me some feed back for the track I have linked here, I'd really appreciate it!

Seeing The Future- Dexter Britain (ToothandnaiL Remix) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks Beaches077, kind words!
Probably the clicking in the riser comes from a clap sample in the background. Will be more careful in my next track.

I listened to you track and wow you don't need any feedback because you already make everything absolutely right! Mixing, amount of glitches, melodies, instruments, ...
Enjoyed listening! Will listen again!

Only thing that disturbed me a little was at 0:47 when the bassline starts playing. Perhaps the reason is, because until 0:47 everything develops nice and slow and suddenly the bassline has a dominant appearance and would sound for me better when it starts accompanied with some kick impact and a simple riser before.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it! I see what you mean about how the bass is rather abrupt when it's added. I probably should've sent it through a HPF at first and then added the rest of the bass at the drop. It would make the drop a little more pronounced too. Thanks for pointing that out, I hasn't noticed it.

the mixing is really well done. can't really think of anything that needs improving. maybe layer the kick drum a little so it sounds more interesting

You're absolutely right, outbroken!
Have received similar feedback about the kick on my early drafts, but somehow didn't succeed in making it more interesting in the final release...

Oh, and will try to shout out a "Thanks" on your post, but my Android Firefox doesn't give me that option right now...

Back