Core of the Earth (FT. Juan) [Cinematic soundtrack style EDM]

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and would like to start by posting a track from my new album 'lucid' which is currently rolling out and will be on spotify soonish. This is 'core of the earth' which is a blend of edm genres with a cinematic soundtrack influence, featuring electric guitar by my friend Juan. Let me know anything you think about it!

Last edited:
Very interesting track with lots of great transitions and sounds and I like the vocals and the guitar that plays from the second half, really impressive piece of music! :) Keep it up, bro!

Really good ideas on this one. I'd make the intro more interesting, as it takes too long to get going. The best parts for me was when you did the crazy effects, that sounded like complextro. Stick to that cause it's impressive how you do that so easily. Keep it up man!

Yeah that's definitely my signature 'sound'! I'm inspired by porter robinsin, the m machine and the like. (once was into orchestral trance as well!)
I agree with the intro part, originally it was about a minute longer and i had an entire ambient drum section leading into it, but that was quite boring, i guess i could have trimmed more off.

Sounds epic! I don't really have a lot of experience about cinematic music, so its hard to comment on certain elements, so take my comments with a grain of salt. To my ears, I couldn't really hear a clear structure, each section just kind of bled into the next, which maybe is fine or I just don't know how cinematic is structured, but it sounded like it jumped around in the structure. The sounds themselves were really cool, so great work on the sound design/choices. There were some very epic melodic moments in there, very enjoyable to listen to. I think if you're going to aim for marketing to people who listen to EDM, you should consider structuring it more like an EDM track while keeping a lot of these cinematic elements. Would be super epic and perhaps easier for a typical EDM consumer to listen to. I listen to classical or romantic music and the structuring there is sometimes hard for modern pop or EDM listeners to follow, even if I think its rad. Just something to consider maybe. Overall super awesome track, thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

Thank you Zach Payne! i can't find a particular genre to shoehorn my music into, so i end up using a bunch of buzzwords instead ��.

I'm more marketing this towards people who want to hear something a bit different that doesn't follow the typical EDM rules, like the following porter robinson has. A lot of his tracks are weirdly structured and change (albeit not as much as mine).

I don't think most of my music works for clubs etc. Theres a lot of music out there already that's for that, and to my ears they sound almost like the same song reformatted, which is what i try to get away from.

Some of my tracks really do have a defined structure, and some i just like to go with the flow with, it depends on the track really. With this one i wanted to capture an atmosphere :). I started this track a year ago on and off, if i had started it now i probably would have removed a few sections, but tampering with a nearly finished project drastically can sometimes ruin it, so i tried leaving it as it was.

Thanks for your comments zach i appreciate them.

Back