Chill Beat- Solid Loop. Good for sleeping.

Deep Sleep Wizard

Deep Sleep Wizard

I'm interested in any thoughts on this spell. It's my first spell I'm casting on FP.

It's unfinished, but getting where it's supposed to be.

-DSW

Last edited:
I like the way you blended that piano with the more dissonant sound in the background of the intro. The rhythm you made with your drums adds a nice bit of rhythm to the track as a whole. I think you achieved what you were going for with a very soothing and relaxing atmosphere. The only thing I would consider adding is a pad with some reverb/delay on it and inserting that into the back ground of the mix. The track doesn't 'need' a pad, but it would be one more element you can add to the song as it nears completion (like half way between the introduction of the snares and the end of the track), just to indicate to the audience that the track is coming to a close. Good job overall though!

It Follows (Original) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I like the way you blended that piano with the more dissonant sound in the background of the intro. The rhythm you made with your drums adds a nice bit of rhythm to the track as a whole. I think you achieved what you were going for with a very soothing and relaxing atmosphere. The only thing I would consider adding is a pad with some reverb/delay on it and inserting that into the back ground of the mix. The track doesn't 'need' a pad, but it would be one more element you can add to the song as it nears completion (like half way between the introduction of the snares and the end of the track), just to indicate to the audience that the track is coming to a close. Good job overall though!

Thank, Beaches.

I really like the sound of obvious "lack" in my spells. Letting the hearer sort of fill in that "lack" with their own hums or thoughts I've always thought produces a sort of interaction with the hearer. Maybe making it more intimate or personable.

I think some pads would sound great.
I was also thinking of a koto or a sitar. When I removed those layers, though, it seemed like I had discovered something pure underneath.

Thank you so much for your comments. I look forward to posting more in the future.

-DSW

Last edited:
I've heard of that idea in which a minimal track elicits a mental response from the minds of the audience. It's an interesting idea for sure, but if you go that route make sure that every single sound is serving a well-define purpose. I think you accomplished that in your track. I only mention that to you because it's a crucial aspect of any kind of minimal music and should be contemplated often. If you're serious about making music and moving forward, I can invite you to join a group of artists on Discord. We exchange ideas, chat and collaborate on music. Send me a pm or respond here if you're interested in something like that.

Do you have a profile on Discord? Just send me your name and tag number and I'll send you an invitation. If not it's easy to make an account. It's like Skype but it's geared towards gamer's and it serves well as a platform for collaborating.

Back