Check out my Soundcloud!

Hey dude, so your tracks are really dope! it's just I feel that there is too many good aspects to it which takes away from making one thing about your track stand out whether it be the chords, the drums, bass, rhythm, etc.. now you can take my comment with a grain of salt and work on the things people bring up as a collective but thats just my observation!
This is my soundcloud if you could leave me with some feedback too, thanks man
just search "naimeja"

'Sup dude,
I checked out some of your tracks and I'll try to put in a nutshell some of the things I noticed about your tracks:

Bashira:
Kick is out of key, ruins the track pretty bad. Just put it a semitone or two up and you'll see the difference. Some of the growls are also out of key.
For my taste you could have moments where when the drop hits there's no kick but just the growl with a short sub hit with it (or no sub, up to you, just experiment).
Some of the transitions could also be a bit smoother.
For the rest pretty good mix but some issues regarding the stereo field here and there.

Calina:
When the drop hit, no joke I was waving my hands in my chair. Holy sh*t.
I think the drop synth could use something to just make it a bit fuller, maybe a low volume squashed saw layer under it, idk.
In my taste I would've made the break a bit different, maybe more of a tribal/jamaican kinda approach. Maybe listen to some of KURA's tracks (TORA is a good example), but that's just my opinion.
For the rest it's a damn juicy track.

Aura:
Synths are panned too far to the sides, creates a really weird feeling.

For the rest I actually really enjoyed listening to your tracks, it has inspired me haha :D
Actually really curious to how you made the drop for Calina hehe

Hope I helped,
- Walter Slewis

Thank you for the Feedback!, Much appreciated and I checked out your tracks too. They are pretty interesting! It sounds like some of your chord progrressions do go off key and i dont know if that was the intention but its a tiny issue. Also I do think you can find a better sound choice for your saw leads because I feel that "Colours" and your remix's leads are too detuned and with the LFO it is pretty distracting! These are just my opinion but I do help this help!

Hey dude, so your tracks are really dope! it's just I feel that there is too many good aspects to it which takes away from making one thing about your track stand out whether it be the chords, the drums, bass, rhythm, etc.. now you can take my comment with a grain of salt and work on the things people bring up as a collective but thats just my observation!
This is my soundcloud if you could leave me with some feedback too, thanks man
just search "naimeja"

Thank you for the Feedback!, Much appreciated and I checked out your tracks too. They are pretty interesting! It sounds like some of your chord progrressions do go off key and i dont know if that was the intention but its a tiny issue. Also I do think you can find a better sound choice for your saw leads because I feel that "Colours" and your remix's leads are too detuned and with the LFO it is pretty distracting! These are just my opinion but I do help this help!

'Sup dude,
I checked out some of your tracks and I'll try to put in a nutshell some of the things I noticed about your tracks:

Bashira:
Kick is out of key, ruins the track pretty bad. Just put it a semitone or two up and you'll see the difference. Some of the growls are also out of key.
For my taste you could have moments where when the drop hits there's no kick but just the growl with a short sub hit with it (or no sub, up to you, just experiment).
Some of the transitions could also be a bit smoother.
For the rest pretty good mix but some issues regarding the stereo field here and there.

Calina:
When the drop hit, no joke I was waving my hands in my chair. Holy sh*t.
I think the drop synth could use something to just make it a bit fuller, maybe a low volume squashed saw layer under it, idk.
In my taste I would've made the break a bit different, maybe more of a tribal/jamaican kinda approach. Maybe listen to some of KURA's tracks (TORA is a good example), but that's just my opinion.
For the rest it's a damn juicy track.

Aura:
Synths are panned too far to the sides, creates a really weird feeling.

For the rest I actually really enjoyed listening to your tracks, it has inspired me haha :D
Actually really curious to how you made the drop for Calina hehe

Hope I helped,
- Walter Slewis

Thank you for the well described feedback! I wish I can fix these points that you made but these projects were created about a year and a half ago and the files were in my old laptop that crashed and just doesn't work anymore! I really appreciate that feedback though and will keep them in mind for future productions! And Im for the drop of Caline, what are some things you would like to know specifically. I can give you SOME info but not too much haha.

ahh shame that you lost the projects...
Well I'd just like to know if:
the distorted kick is a sample from a pack or did you make it yourself, or did you distort it in the project?
and how did you make the drop synth? did you make the sound yourself or is it a preset? is it layered? and which vst(s)?

a lot of questions I know, but I'm just really interested ;)

ahh shame that you lost the projects...
Well I'd just like to know if:
the distorted kick is a sample from a pack or did you make it yourself, or did you distort it in the project?
and how did you make the drop synth? did you make the sound yourself or is it a preset? is it layered? and which vst(s)?

a lot of questions I know, but I'm just really interested ;)

Well the kick is from a sample pack I downloaded BUT it was sampled from a Wiwek song i believe. I do usually make my own kicks using a top kick, adding a Sub from either Spire or Sylenth1 and for that extra spice, I add a Mid Bass to give it that sort of "Distortion." I simply EQ around 140Htz (removed from the low end) and about 1200Htz from the high end. Those are how I make my Big Room Kicks! I hope you kind of understood it haha.
The drop synth from what I remember was about 4-5 layered sounds from Sylenth1 as well as Nexus. A ton of EQing was used for it as you can possible tell.
There were about 3 detuned Square/Saw waves with quite a bit of legato in Sylenth
and 2 Voice synths from nexus with the same amount of legato.
I hope that also helped lol but if you do have more questions, please ask! Happy to help!

Back