Check Out My New Track Please.

I like the weird as crap instrumentation. It is really neat to see someone doing something different. Personally, I think the track could benefit from using the velocity feature in FL on the strings/plucks. Here is a little tutorial on how: YouTube (i am not in anyway connected to the tutorial, its just the first one that popped up)

I hear some notes that are "off" at :04 :24 :28 that pop up a few more time. Also the horn at 1:31. I think the overall tone and style of the song is nice, quirky almost with a middle eastern root. The drums could use a bit of lower end and some hats layered on the kicks to provide a bit more activity in the high range of drums. A snare every once in a while could be a nice way to mix things up too. Right now it reminds me of a videogame loop. I think some slight reverb on the plucks could help round out the sounds too. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next and how your style develops so im gonna follow you for a while (I swear i am, not a stalker)

I could use some feedback on my track too.If you can help it would be super awesome and appreciated on my end.

Sounds like something from an old school video game, i like the vibe, a little more reverb on the synths would fill in some gaps and give the whole track sound full, good stuff tho

That's a good track dubwell. I'm not up on the fine detail on making music.I'm a cave man with a drum machine. I couldn't tell you how to improve it. Maybe stick something weird in the middle, that's my usual way. Thanks for listening to my track so intently and with expert ears.

Thanks Unify. Video game? HAH! I don't see it but I went straight from Spectrum to Xbox and missed out the middle. I guess it's my base software and using soundfonts etc. I'm so low tech I'm using the demo version of Fruity Loops. For me it is the tune that counts. I've composed music on Game Boy before now.

Last edited:
Agree with the rest of it having that old video game sound to it. If that's what you were aiming for then you nailed it.

Back