Bruce Hornsby - the way it is (2K16 deep house mix) [F4F]

Super catchy, love hearing a song in a major key every once in a while since so many of the genres I like are all in minor keys. Has a really nice summer vibe.

I don't hear any problems in the mixing or mastering. The drums especially pop out really nice with some of those huge snare hits and tom fills. More so than a lot of other songs in this genre.

The biggest thing I would say(and this is sort of opinion) is just find something that really makes you stand out and keep working on it. I've heard songs like this a lot so its nothing groundbreaking. Don't get me wrong, the melodies, chord progressions, synths, drums, mixing, everything was good. But if you want to be the best at what you do, better than everyone else so people have to check out your stuff just to hear that sound, you have to do something that only you are doing.

Issa dope track, very well produced! I wish the hook had waaaay more different & crazy drumfills like at 1:57 though, and maybe some gongs or fun voice samples or something. Something extra. Maybe try and record yourself humming the lead melody and fuck it up with distortion & damp reverb and layer it with the lead synth? I dunno :p

please check this out:
Back It

Back