Beach Vibe

fantazma

F4F

What do you guys think of the melody?
Do you feel like the bass needs to be brought out more?
What could I add?
What can I remove?

Last edited:
First of all, the main melody is solid and I really like this pad thing you have in the background.

I think you should add some variation though, when you reintroduce the main parts later in the song (2:03 sounds like 0:20 etc.). It's totally fine to create a structure by letting the melodies reappear later, but adding a new percussive pattern or background synth would help the song to stay interesting throughout its length.
Then, I wasn't quite sure if the noise during the louder parts is an ocean sample. If it is, you could let it stand out more, which also goes for the quieter parts like the intro, where I couldn't hear it at all. If it wasn't you should add one, It definitely helps you going for that beach vibe and makes the track sound a lot less artificial.

Main lead melody is fairly catchy, nice. I dig the contrast with the moody/uncomfortable backing chords. Great work. Reminds me of Ape Escape a bit.

yeah man i love the vibe. the stabs that you have in the background are really nice. good use of space in the claps too. only suggestion is to play with the chords a little . perhaps alter the detune they have as it has a strange ring which dosent quite go with the distant woodwind that you have. other than that produced quite nicley mate :berzerk:

The Lead-Melody is really catchy, stayed in my ear even after i listened to it. Drums are solid. The beat probably needs more variations, which doesnt mean to add more instruments. Maybe it would be enough to change the drum patterns for certain parts or something like that... dope beat!

My fav part is from 1:11 to 1:43 I love that psychgedelic atmosphere and how that bass work leads into trance. Stabbing brass synth fits in so perfect in that part, not really feeling that brass at the start, for My taste its too loud on its own withou other instruments to compliment it, but on other hand it is just a matter of taste. :)
I dont really know how this type of music should sound as I dont really listen to this genre, but by judging on first impression, this is catchy well mixed in My opinion. My head was bumping so all is good. ;)

Back