{bass music - f4f} 8t-4

Trip Lykely

Trying to push myself to create more and figure out how to make my style of bass music. Think my workflow is much better than it used to be along with my arrangements. Never get much feedback here and I imagine its because I'm trying to make a niche style of music that isn't ultra popular and I'm not that great at it. You won't hurt my feelings, I know I'm not a bass god. Just curious what others like/dislike and maybe a pointer or two to consider. Any and all feedback appreciated. Happy to return the favor. Thanks

8T - 4 by Trip Lykely | Free Listening on SoundCloud

ok, the baseline is very loud, but not in the bassarea. and thats a problem when i listen to it. becasue through that baseline, i cannot hear the drums so good. the snare cannot function like it could. I would say, the bassline has to be more quiet, but needs very much more bass, then a sidechain compression with the basedrum, through that the basedrum can work. after that check the snare, i suppose it can be much louder. sorry for my english ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. The style of bass I'm using covers the whole spectrum, but I do have an isolated sub so its interesting the bass isn't coming through for you. Maybe I need to fatten the sub but it already booms in my car. Probably could use a little better sidechain for the kick and snare though so they come through cleaner. Thanks again for the feedback, listening to your EP now, really clean sounding and enjoyable so far.

the second drop is interesting, but it's kinda takes a while to get to that part, and I think the first area needs work melodically. The second half of the song is very good though, sounds like tipper.

Back