Back with another EDM track (took some advice from here)

Hey, that clearly something different then I am used to.
It sounds really trancy but without the trance elements.

Try to create more flowing drums, I really miss some hihats besides the rides u got.
Maybe some percussion aswell and some crashes after some fills would sounds good aswell.

After 3:00 I realized that I would listen to the same thing for like 6 minute straight and that is really long.

Maybe try to get something with a different tone, add some more elements to the track and really build to a certain point.

Looking at ur channel, I think ur pretty new.

Just remember, making music could be for multiple reason.
U'll probably have a goal with creating the track and improving but remember to have fun with making it, experimenting playing around with samples can be so much fun to do. Why didn't u try to go with some vocal chops in it as u created a while ago?

As last, would u mind checking out my track and giving me some feedback on it?
[Deep House] MarkS - Thinking About It, Giving feedback back

Good luck!

- Mark

Well I was kind a thinking less is more and I got the drums to stand out well so I kept them as they are, decided not to add anything more. But I don't know I'm more used to creating moving and floowing drum variations when producing trap or hip hop beats, don't know need to try it out. Although, you're right that I could have taken much more time to really make all parts effectively different and superb in that case.

But I have produced actively like 6 to 9 months tops without any gear and was going for a successful intro, breakdown and then drop and I think it turned out pretty well anyways, of course there is much to learn but I am very happy where I am.

I don't know about your track, for a deep house it doesn't quite catch my ear, maybe it's not but it's still cool and nice variations and still keeping the idea of it.

hmm, what should i say...its a long way to go for you, sorry! Your track is to simple in the groove (simple off-beat) and the melo isnt very interesting. Also the arrange is to simple. Keep on producing and improve yourself with every track. The easiest way is to learn from the big ones. Listen carefully to their track and track to make them as they do. This helps you a lot!

hmm, what should i say...its a long way to go for you, sorry! Your track is to simple in the groove (simple off-beat) and the melo isnt very interesting. Also the arrange is to simple. Keep on producing and improve yourself with every track. The easiest way is to learn from the big ones. Listen carefully to their track and track to make them as they do. This helps you a lot!

Well, I never was aiming for anything complicated and I had few goals that I was aiming for.

1. Get the drums stand out without fading out too much lead synth or bassline.
2. Keep it simple but still effective, just like it is. I didn't think too complicated.
3. The mix does sound decent, even from a phone speaker.
4. Have a intro, breakdown and a drop (as in EDM).

But yeah, it's pretty loop'ish though, but I'm still learning and I'm nowhere near pro or anything. I'm doing things better and usually have small things to aim for to improve my workflow. I will do a project, someday, that I focus on every detail and part more closely and see if I can complete it so it doesn't start to sound fucked up and too overcomplicated.

Thanks for answers! :)

Back