AVGHOST - Trouble (feat. Lazarus)

AVGHOST

Hello! I hope you all are having a jolly fine day!

I plan to release this song in the next couple of days, and would love some feedback. I've spent days fixing up the vocal sample, which is still terrible in mono because of phasing, but this is a free sample and I'm not getting a redo on it. Any suggestions on how to manipulate a sample to regain mono-compatibility?

Other than that, just a lot of fixing annoying resonating peaks with an EQ, and trying out a new instrumental and mastering chain I pieced together.

- Song was created in Ableton Live 9;
- Mixed in AudioTechnica ATH-M40X;
- Sample taken from Free Vocals - Acapella Downloads;
- Lazarus - Lazarus Alive | Free Listening on SoundCloud;

Since the song is private on my SC for now, I'll have to post a direct link to listen to it. Sorry for the inconvenience!
AVGHOST - Trouble (feat. Lazarus) by AVGHOST | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I have uploaded the final version of the track. Video is underway and will be available on my YouTube and Facebook pages.

I hope you enjoy, and feel free to download it. Sharing is caring.

If you can provide feedback, I will make sure to do the same, so please leave a link.

Peace.

Good stuff my dude. I like all the effects you put in. I'm thinking it might be more on the trap side aside from future bass, but I'm liking how its going. Maybe some wider synths, but that's just a preference of mine for sure

You got me there. This track has seen so many iterations that I was on the brink of just chugging it into the trash bin, so now it is a little more of a trap song than future bass, but really is just the bastard child of both.

I completely agree with you on the synths. There were almost endless loudness optimizations happening the past several days, so in a panic to finally decide on something I must have missed the synths sounding a little dry, but oh well. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it either way.

Lessons have been learned here, and I'll definitely apply them to my next tracks!

Thanks!

Nice job overall. I liked the risers a lot. I guess the only thing that I would change is the same thing the other guy said, maybe some wider sounds. Adding some atmosphere to the track would be nice. Everything else sounded good to me though, keep up the good work

I appreciate the suggestions, JL! You guys will definitely see improvement with my next track, which I will be posting momentarily. :)

Best wishes!

Back