Any Feedback regarding the Mixing/Mastering of this track?

Glitch1044

Producer
I posted this song once before, which wasn't mastered or mixed properly at the time. So I'm hoping to get some feedback on this track from the good 'ol FP community.
I cleaned it up as good as I know how.

Since I'm only mixing through headphones and car stereos, was kinda hoping if anyone with a decent setup could let me know if this sounds any good? :)

Hi, I use headphones for mixing so I don't disturb my wife lol, I need some monitor speakers and will get them soon. I am listening to this on my laptop speakers and the crash cymbal sounds very loud and the lead sounds a bit thin and could do with layering a few sounds together , say one mono and two in stereo with flstudio stereo enhancer to push the lead wide. make sure you have a sidechain to get that pumping feel and add a sub bass for extra weight. Good luck and keep knocking out those tunes :)

Last edited:
Hi, I use headphones for mixing so I don't disturb my wife lol, I need some monitor speakers and will get them soon. I am listening to this on my laptop speakers and the crash cymbal sounds very loud and the lead sounds a bit thin and could do with layering a few sounds together , say one mono and two in stereo with flstudio stereo enhancer to push the lead wide. make sure you have a sidechain to get that pumping feel and add a sub bass for extra weight. Good luck and keep knocking out those tunes :)

Hmm yeah I hadn't thought of that, one lead mono and another two with stereo enhancer. I'll give that shot for my next tune. :)
For sidechaining I usually use Xfer LFO for the more "dancy" type tracks, and use direct sidechaining for more less predicable type beats. Tuning sidechains through headphones is tough. Either get way too much or not enough. Lol

Funny thing is, this song started as a demonstration for my niece on how to make a bassline from a Cascada track. :)

Back