Animated Audio - Anemoia (Original mix)

Animated

Dear future producers,

I have been working my ass off the get this track to the point its at. No longer can I think of major improvements, besides some polishing / perhaps applying different techniques to get every sound to fit in the mix better. I am really happy with the result so far and am posting here for new ideas. Any feedback and or constructive critisism is welcome!

Thank You in advance for listening! :-)

Anemoia by Animated Audio | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Animated Audio such a great artist name! :D

Nice track, chilling and realxing and at the same time has some interesting driving elements like crunchy bass.
Mix is nice, I can hear you spent some time on it. Drums are very dynamic punchy for my personal time maybe even too punchy.

In free time listen to my new track I'm curious what you think about it:
[G-house] Mad - U Know That Bass

Glad You like it Dave!

Funny I have commented on U Know That Bass today haha so I already did.
Really like the track man!

Hey animated,

welcome.. This is great stuff you have here.. I like it.. the parts I don't like so much are compensated by the fact it sounds fresh and unique. What are your influences?
Some things to nitpick on would be sound choice.. like the drums you have, I like what you're doing with them, but they also sound a bit canned. Overall the sounds come together in a great composition, groove.. etc.. but the single sounds on their own are not that interesting. Of course, not every sound has to be.. But having a few things stand-out simply because they're interesting sounds on their own would add a bit more life to it.
Also compositionally, it gives you more room to let the track breathe.. which I think would work really nice with this style..

Thank You for the great reply!

I get influenced by what I listen to; drum and bass, triphop, progressive house and many other genres. Artists such as pendulum, the prodigy, muzzy, boris brechja, deadmau5 and many others inspire me on a day to day basis!

I have been looking for ways to let the track breathe more and I am sure I can make some of the sounds stand-out a bit more and add some highlights so to speak.
Do You have any suggestions as to what I can do to make the drums sound less canned and or be more specific as to which sound(s) You find uninteresting?

Last edited:
Have you used any sidechaining on the musical elements? I'd suggest using the kick to gently duck the musical elements as the kick is quite flat in terms of low content and feels as if it clashes a bit with the attack of the bell-esque element in particular.

The only other suggestions I'd make are:

* some room reverb on the drums, especially the snare. You don't have to go all out and put a whopping great big hall on it, but imo the snare is very dry
* the instrumentation feels very much down the middle. Don't be afraid to push one instrument L / one instrument R, would suggest you could put one thing 30 to 40% R / one thing same or similar amount L when multiple musical elements are playing, this will free up more space for your kick / snare

Back