Ambient track with orchestral elements f4f

Hey guys,

here's my latest track. I put a lot of effort in the soundscape at the beginning, though it probably turned out a bit too long.
Feedback on composition, sound design or whatever you find remarkable would be very appreciated and i'll return the feedback if you link your tracks.

Thanks in advance!

I like the static/crackling sounds you have in the beginning to accompany the more ambient sounds it creates a nice vibe and introduces the song well. Though the intro itself is a tad too long in my opinion I'd shorten it a bit. When the drums and everything comes in it sounds nice and is well put together.

I think the intro's pretty tight. I love how the synths kinda glide in and out of the foreground and the chord changes sound nice and work well with the extended intro structure. I thought the transition into the drums, bass, and key type thing was cool. For a little bit, I thought the reverb on the drums was out of place but once the bass took a more prominent role it worked out really well. I don't know if I'd change much, maybe just add a little more dynamic changes to the hi-hats to give it another dimension, that might be a nice effect. I'd also love to hear the more up-tempo section with the bass and drums develop. It sounds cool how it is but with such an extended intro it would make sense (at least to me) to keep that section going a little longer in comparison... Anyways, it's solid, nice work!

Here's a link if you could return the feed, thanks!
www.futureproducers.com/forums/prod...mcees-fresh-flip-classic-dilla-sample-533684/

Although soundscaping isn't my cup of tea, this did catch my attention and I can hear the time you put into it. My grudge for this would be that the 'organ' chords didn't seem to pop when the drums started for me. Maybe a slight low or high pass or something to that effect (whichever sounds better) for the intro and then it is removed may make them pop more and make the track really kick in, if that makes sense.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerb!!! The reverb amount on this baby is insane dude:P , maybe even a bit too insane for my liking, but that's more of a personal thing. The whole song sounds a bit piercing to me (my ears are getting played with too much). It is, however, unlike anything I've heard in a while so it was refreshing to listen to. Like the others here already said: intro is indeed quite long. The thing is: it's an ambient track so it doesnt matter how long the intro is. The thing you need to keep in mind however, is that you lose your listener when the song has such a slow build-up as it is not interesting enough. That's been my feedback, if you have the time for it check out mine as well. My most recent song: soundcloud.com/user-345343572/summer-2017-remastered The song I think you'll like more (Chillstep): soundcloud.com/user-345343572/wintersounds . Greetingz! E.B>.

Yoo
I really like the overall sound of this, it's very pretty, very dreamy, very melodic.
Maybe the bass is too strong and the drums are alright.

But the intro is sooo good

Soundscape is great man and I love the eerie synths that enter around 0:35. However, I do feel that it could be trimmed slightly. Either this, or make the rest of the track longer? That bass is awesome and maybe it could enter a bit earlier. I would also like to see some vocal chops layered over the rest of the song. I know you use a choir-style synth, but some actual vocal snippets, with altered pitch and reverb could work really nicely here. Just a suggestion.

Oh wow,
Thanks for the nice feedback guys, it really means a lot!
I will probably make a second version of the song including all of your advice, as I originally made it in a quite short time after the intro was finished, because I never get anything done and aspired to upload more regularly.

Back