Ambient Monsoon (Proper_BK) Introduction

Proper_BK

Cine-matic
What's up everybody, I'll start with an introduction of myself, and the music is below if you just want to get straight to it. Now I've actually known about this forum for the majority of 2013 and possibly earlier but I've been a ghost, just taking what I need and disappearing in to the night but now I feel like being a bit more involved. I'm part of a fairly new music group composed of two people in total and which goes by the name of Ambient Monsoon and while we have no repertoire we are beginning to get our name out there by releasing some solo tracks. The reason they are solo tracks is because we have known each other for years, learned music production together and have collaborations but they are not complete so until we can release a complete song/album underneath our Ambient Monsoon group name we will just be releasing solo tracks and getting exposure as solo artists primarily (which we are).

I'm 18, live in Houston, and have been learning music production since middle school and I am about a year out of high school at the moment. I work in FL Studio for all of my productions, I will learn more DAWs in the future just because options are good to have. I know how to read music, and currently work with an aspiring singer, aspiring rap artist, an aspiring EDM producer, and myself as a universal producer. I started out by myself learning music production until I met my partner in crime the sophomore year of high school, we hit it off and I taught him the ins and outs of FL Studio and now we work solo primarily but the bond we have allows us to have a more united alias under the name of Ambient Monsoon. We started out with the name Exploited Bass but recently changed it to describe better our styles put together but the name does not reflect in any way a type of music we will be releasing, we can have songs that depict what Ambient Monsoon means visually and metaphorically but we do not restrict ourselves to certain styles.

In the beginning of 2013 I met two aspiring artists, one is a great rapper and the other is a great potential singer and we have been producing some things together, which has greatly improved my experiences with Hip Hop and RnB and led me to understand the style of music that I create. I've always loved those two genres but I never had an interest in producing them and I'm still new to these genres of production but learning them has made me understand even more about production. In the end I want to be a very universal and versatile producer so these journeys are all worthwhile to me especially since I'm doing what I love.

Basically out of all these you can expect to hear from me some solo EDM songs, some group EDM songs, rap songs, RnB related songs, and of course instrumentals of everything in between. Without further ado, my soundcloud link is in the signature, and embedded below are my first two soundcloud releases. Feedback would be great!

Just wanted to bump the post, I would love a little feedback mostly on the most recent song, the Ambient Monsoon Original. The other song where remixed Lights was created about a year ago and I just wanted to put it up, just to show progress pretty much.

Back