[ambient/experimental] piece put together using mostly field recordings, sad

blxp

sad melancholic vibes

recorded a bunch of sounds via an iPhone mic, spliced and messed with em a bit and used them as samples. rough work

first time i've went out and shared some of my music... all constructive criticism welcome, much appreciated!

feedback will be returned if requested.

Last edited:
Cool use of sounds. I might try that. That one high sound is a little pitchy though, maybe take it out down an octave. Other than that its got a cool vibe.

Hey, very different track. Its cool that you used your own recordings, gives it a personal touch. It feels cinematic. What were you inspired by to make this?

Hey, very different track. Its cool that you used your own recordings, gives it a personal touch. It feels cinematic. What were you inspired by to make this?
thanks for the feedback : )

always wanted to use my own samples. was inspired to actually go and do it recently when i came across this track. it's pretty fun, you should try it - this was all thru an iPhone mic.

Last edited:
I don't think this is trash at all, honestly it's probably not going to make you millions but it is definitely not trash, in my opinion anyway. I think it's really cool that you recorded your own sounds like the that. What sounds am I actually hearing? haha. I think the drums fit really well too. I agree with 'Brainclaim' I think you should try and give it more bass when the beat drops.

I don't think this is trash at all, honestly it's probably not going to make you millions but it is definitely not trash, in my opinion anyway. I think it's really cool that you recorded your own sounds like the that. What sounds am I actually hearing? haha. I think the drums fit really well too. I agree with 'Brainclaim' I think you should try and give it more bass when the beat drops.
Thanks for the honest feedback : )

it was mostly just an experiment to see how far I could go with some sounds recorded through an iPhone mic. i made the sounds using mostly basic household objects, e.g. pulling of a tape dispenser, banging of various objects on a surface, metal against metal (for the bell sound), etc

i'm glad you liked the drums, i'll see what i can do about the bass, maybe switching out the bass sample or alternating could work.

Last edited:
This is insanely unique. I find it incredible that you recorded all of this with just an iPhone mic. Hats off to you for trying something outside the box. Oddly enough, this somehow all works for me. Dope track.

This is insanely unique. I find it incredible that you recorded all of this with just an iPhone mic. Hats off to you for trying something outside the box. Oddly enough, this somehow all works for me. Dope track.
Thank you for appreciating man : ) it was a fun one

Dude, screw that guy who said this is trash. I LOVE this kind of music. I too like to record household items and other natural sounds. Extra points for that and doing it so damn well with only a phone! Followed on soundcloud. Now give us MORE!

Last edited:
Dude, screw that guy who said this is trash. I LOVE this kind of music. I too like to record household items and other natural sounds. Extra points for that and doing it so damn well with only a phone! Followed on soundcloud. Now give us MORE!
Thank you for the kind review man, followed you back : ) working on it!

Last edited:
Honest to goodness I thouroughly enjoyed this - both the concept and the execution. It's bold to use your own sounds in this way and the overall vibe is a bit Warp. Please be encouraged by positive responses to the first piece you have shared and disregard unduly negative criticism unless you cannot fault its demonstrative reasoning. Sure, the mix might need some work but whose doesn't? For myself I'd like the drums to come across as a little more organic and warm but the static snatch of the beat suits the overall vibe.

I'm gonna drop your track again now,louder.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ent-3-4-time-signature-f4f-guaranteed-468992/

Honest to goodness I thouroughly enjoyed this - both the concept and the execution. It's bold to use your own sounds in this way and the overall vibe is a bit Warp. Please be encouraged by positive responses to the first piece you have shared and disregard unduly negative criticism unless you cannot fault its demonstrative reasoning. Sure, the mix might need some work but whose doesn't? For myself I'd like the drums to come across as a little more organic and warm but the static snatch of the beat suits the overall vibe.

I'm gonna drop your track again now,louder.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ent-3-4-time-signature-f4f-guaranteed-468992/
Thank you for the awesome feedback : )

honestly i wasn't certain how this track would go down, but the feedback so far is definitely encouraging. yeah i think the drums could do with a little work, i've since improved the mix slightly though i haven't re-uploaded the newer version. thanks for appreciating, returning the feedback

Last edited:
for this piece, i would take out the snare because the snare usually gives excitement to a song, so if ur tryna have it sad, then the snare is makin it counterproductive. (returning 4f4)

for this piece, i would take out the snare because the snare usually gives excitement to a song, so if ur tryna have it sad, then the snare is makin it counterproductive. (returning 4f4)
thanks for the feedback. i added the snare to emphasise the hats, without it it sounds weak. tho i think it does kinda mess with the sad vibe, maybe replacing it with another sample could work well

Back