Am I on the Right Direction with this??

Glitch1044

Producer
I'm not really looking for mixing/mastering feedback, but was rather hoping you guys could let me know if this melody and "drop" work with the vocals? Does it sound like they match up? Are they in sync with the melody? Am I on the right path here?
This if the first time I've made an actually effort working with vocals. I also have no idea what the original version of this song sounds like. Lol I feel like it always ruins it for me!

Rivers Demo by glitch | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Hi! Instruments sound separately. There is not enough space. Kick and snare are very separated, they sound ahead of everything. Still need to work with a low register of kick and bass. I also start to do this, so I can not say anything specific yet. Goog luck!

Last edited:
ok so no comments on the mix, just composition and vocals. They fit the track great!! Her vocals sound very nice with this type of track. You could raise the volume on the vocals, they should be on "top" of the song. In the drop the vocals kind of disappears. You could use the other (the lower one) vocal layer more in the track but overall its good.

Hi! Instruments sound separately. There is not enough space. Kick and snare are very separated, they sound ahead of everything. Still need to work with a low register of kick and bass. I also start to do this, so I can not say anything specific yet. Goog luck!

I usually throw together a super rough version, just so I kind of have an idea of where I want to go with it. Which is pretty much what this was. I didn't notice the kick and snare being ahead of everything else though. Gonna get back on that one!
And good luck to you too friend! Working with vocals is definitely not as easy as pro artists make it sound! Lol

Thanks for the FB! :)

ok so no comments on the mix, just composition and vocals. They fit the track great!! Her vocals sound very nice with this type of track. You could raise the volume on the vocals, they should be on "top" of the song. In the drop the vocals kind of disappears. You could use the other (the lower one) vocal layer more in the track but overall its good.

I'm not sure why, but even with the bpm set exactly the same as the vocals, something keeps sounding off to me. I can't put my finger on it. I feel like they made a 90 bpm track with an 80 bpm vibe, where as I'm doing the exact opposite.
I think it has to do with the original song being a really slow bluesy type of track. Which is why it doesn't seem to fit perfectly with my melody. I dunno! I'm getting frustrated with vocals already! Lol

Anyway, thanks for the FB! :)

That song sounds really cool, period. I really like tracks that have a 4/4 beat and hang around 100-110BPM. I've made a few tracks like that. Anyways, the snare/clap you're using is spot on. It has a good transient that actually works with the kick drum's transient to deliver a lot of punch. I also like the way you sustained the clap a little to give it more presence. The vocals are well-placed and clear, I can hear all of the song's different elements without having to search for them. Like I said, this track is awesome and quite unique. The only thing I could suggest is maybe add another synth to serve as pad/lead as the song approaches the end. But, it definitely sounds just fine and dynamic the way it is now. Great work! I would pursue other projects like that if I were you because you're very good at making it. Here's a link to a track I made that features a similar beat, except a little slower.

Arrow of Time (Original) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

@Beaches077

Thanks man, means a lot to me! :)
I hope the vocalist will think the same thing! There is a LOT of stuff I need to do with this track yet. I agree with you 100% on the lead, I feel like it needs something more as well. Definitely going to change it up with a few different sounds/layers, see what I can come up with. Also need to make an actual buildup/drop. So much to do!
"Arrow of Time" sounds good, but your tracks "Cyber Chase Vibes" and "It Follows" are what caught my ear. Those two are really dope tracks. You need to send those over to NCS or Suicide Sheep or somewhere similar, get 'em out there! :cool:

What is NCS and Suicide Sheep? And thanks for the feedback. I'm actually going to do a revamp of cyber chase vibes and see what happens. BTW, do you know any vocalists similar to the one featured in your track? I also reposted your song on my page because I really think you have a good idea there.

What is NCS and Suicide Sheep? And thanks for the feedback. I'm actually going to do a revamp of cyber chase vibes and see what happens. BTW, do you know any vocalists similar to the one featured in your track? I also reposted your song on my page because I really think you have a good idea there.

NCS and Sheep are two of the most popular music channels on Youtube at the moment. Most people heard of Alan Walker through NCS. Send them "It Follows". If they'll actually take the time to really listen to it, I wouldn't be surprised if they uploaded it. Of course, not everybody can strike gold like Walker did, but getting featured might get you a lot of followers and support!
NoCopyrightSounds
- YouTube

MrSuicideSheep
- YouTube

As for the vocals, I got them from Black Octopus Sound - Royalty free sample packs. The one I used was the only one they have free for now. But they do have some other stuff as well, for a price of course. I haven't gotten around to checking out the other ones yet though. :)
And thanks for the repost too, btw. Hopefully the finished version will be much better!

That's cool man, I'll definitely send the track to them and cross my fingers, lol. me and some other producers have a Discord channel if you'd like to join it. We chat, exchange ideas, collaborate, etc. Perhaps we could do a collab of our own! I'm trying to get signed to a label, so I pretty much tell them about my background in math/physics and how I can optimize there operations, setup acoustics, streamline everything. I've heard that if you approach a label and offer something to them they're much more likely to bring you aboard! Send me you username and tag number on Discord. my name is 'ToothandnaiL#0174' Hope to see you there! I really dig your style of music

Hmm, I can't say I've heard of labels doing that, but I can see how that could definitely help. In that case, I'm probably screwed! lol
Checking out Discord, didn't realize it was a gaming chat thing until I downloaded it. I'm digging it already, kinda reminds me of Steam chat. I'll see if I can find my way around on there...

Back