The Absurdity of Reality (Psychedelic)

Interesting composition! I like how the different elements develop throughout the track. What you could do, is to add a bit more warmness to the low end.

Whoa definitely sounded psychedelic haha. I think it got kind of repetitive after the drums came in. I think you could have added in elements a little sooner, but the way you introduced the elements gradually was very typical of how I understand psychedelic music, which was good. There was a nice flow as the song progressed. I also agree with the low end. There's a lot of empty space that you could add bassy elements to. Do you listen to Shpongle? I think he could have a lot of good reference tracks for you to use during your creation and mixing process. But I dig it, it had a very eerie feel to it. This is a tricky genre to get right and you're doing it well.

If you want to return feedback, here's my track.
ZachPayne - Thunder [Future Bass] (Feedback for feedback)

Whoa definitely sounded psychedelic haha. I think it got kind of repetitive after the drums came in. I think you could have added in elements a little sooner, but the way you introduced the elements gradually was very typical of how I understand psychedelic music, which was good. There was a nice flow as the song progressed. I also agree with the low end. There's a lot of empty space that you could add bassy elements to. Do you listen to Shpongle? I think he could have a lot of good reference tracks for you to use during your creation and mixing process. But I dig it, it had a very eerie feel to it. This is a tricky genre to get right and you're doing it well.

Thank you for the feedback.

I'd agree that the first few mins are a little repetitive. I'd also agree that there are a few gaps in the spectrum for other sounds to slot in.

And yeah I absolutely love Shpongle, hands down my favourite artist.

I've added more low-end/low-mid layers in the first few mins, and I've also warmed up the main bass sound.

Gonna add in more throughout, however.

This is very good. If it was done as a metal song you would probably have like half a mil on this track. This is very fascinating, love the melodies a lot! Keep up the good work mate!

This is very good. If it was done as a metal song you would probably have like half a mil on this track. This is very fascinating, love the melodies a lot! Keep up the good work mate!

Thanks man. It did occur to me at some point as it was forming that it sounds a little like an electronic rendition of a metal track.

Like it....has like a middle Eastern vibe sound to it

Yeah I love that eastern vibe. Cheers!

Last edited:
good stuff, lots of quality stuff going on!
I personally like more melodic type of psychedelic genre. Like Ott if you've heard him.

good stuff, lots of quality stuff going on!
I personally like more melodic type of psychedelic genre. Like Ott if you've heard him.

Thank you!

Yes, I love a good melody, myself, too! Though I often like to transition between states of dark discordance and mystical melodies!

Ott makes some bloody excellent stuff!

Just, since you like Ott, you may be interested in listening to Globular. This guy is brilliant, and hardly known at all (he deserves more listeners than he gets), doesn't show up in related artists on Spotify for Shpongle or Ott!

Shpongle, Ott and Globular are the only three producers of psychedelic electronic music that consistently make excellent, high-quality, complex musical artworks!

Last edited:
Back