80s Synthwave - FREE DL **F4F**

LUPN

Hi everyone,

First attempt at an 80s-style synthwave track, think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think and I'll return all comments. Free download for those interested. Thanks!

The pitch instability on the synths at the beginning sounds awesome (okay, it sounds awesome throughout, but it's especially great at the beginning). How are you doing that? Actual analog gear, LFO modulating fine tuning, plugins? I'm not a fan of the gunshot sound effects and I feel like 1:00-2:00 could use a little more variation in it, but that's just personal taste. Otherwise, I think it's an excellent track.

And if you feel like throwing some feedback my way... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! IShouldBeSleeping, I used the VST Serum for most of the synths. If you haven't got it, get it. It allows for really in-depth fine tuning of a whole load of parameters, so subtle tweaks like pitch instability can be done. I wish I had analog gear, but it's all software.

Giving feedback on both your tracks now

Serum is actually my go-to VST, but I've never gotten the hang of getting that kind of warble out of it (although chaos mod on fine tune gets close). I've started using another plugin to add it afterwards to get what I'm looking for.

Serum is actually my go-to VST, but I've never gotten the hang of getting that kind of warble out of it (although chaos mod on fine tune gets close). I've started using another plugin to add it afterwards to get what I'm looking for.

Man, did you go to that link I put up for you on the last page you commented on? Trance Drive.... its a free synth... I made the track on my current signature entirely from it bar the kicks and percussion... It isn't bad for free.. ;)

Sick stuff! I especially like the outro, very nice. Your mix sounds tight, and everything sits together nicely in the composition of it.
I don't really have anything else to add, it sounds like a pretty well rounded track. Although maybe some cool vocal sampling or something would really set it apart.
Here's a link to my latest song

Nailed it man! I think you did a great job. Since the track is named "Lethal Weapon 5" I find the siren and gunshot quite appropriate (otherwise I don't really care for those effects). That pumping lead bass synth drives well and the shiny chords on top seal the deal. Proper.

Thanks everyone, returning all new feedback requests now!

This is dope man. I actually want to here somebody rapping over this even though it probably wasn't intended for that.

I actually considered this too. Been playing a lot of Hotline Miami recently and might try and write some lyrics based on that to go with it. Think it'd suit the mood. Check out 6PM by CASISDEAD, was thinking it'd be that kind of style. I'm hyped about Stranger Things as well lol, hoping it kickstarts a new synth revival.

Love this! Only problem I have with it is the snare. I know you're going for a lofi sound and that's cool, but everything else is so bright and the snare has no top end. Maybe just a hair of top end added, or maybe a layer with some high end in it. other than that great job!

Back