Dot's Review: AL33NJ1: Miracle

Dot_Robinson

Psalms 37:4
AL33NJ1: Miracle.mp3

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I am hesitant to boldly label this a 'knock-off', but there are parts of this fluttery, Pop drenched, Piano heavy beat that screams, Neyo.

Within the first minute of my initial listen, I was instantly reminded of...

[video=youtube;<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sAYuOc7_TKg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sAYuOc7_TKg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>]video[/video]

I am a firm believer in a fair and unbiased review of music, therefore, I decided to give the beat a few more overs, in order to complete this review and focus on the pros of this beat, which there are several.

First, the beat just works. The sound selection, although typical in Pop, comes together nicely to create a sonic background for, hopefully, engaging lyrics, most likely, love and all it's woes.

The quality of the piano selection is nice. Although it may not be as authentic in sound as most major releases, throughout my entire listening session, I kept thinking to myself, "When this song is mixed and mastered, sonically, this beat will be a treat to my ears".

I am a huge fan of minimalism. Dr.Dre, in my opinion, is the king of minimalism. The ability to take 6 or 7 samples and make them come together, masterfully, is a sign of clear talent. AL33NJ1 definitely has talent.

This beat, although rough by radio standards, definitely has potential, even in it's minimal nature.

With the good comes the bad. This situation is no different.

Although the piano selection was great, the actual playing of the piano, left more to be desired as the beat progressed. I am in on way shape or form Amadeus, but as a producer and writer of R&B and Pop, the piano progression had it's moments of "huh?". One could argue the 'rookie' nature of the playing.

As these reviews progress, you'll notice I am very forgiving when it comes to the mix of the overall beat. None of us, from my knowledge, are professional engineers. The most I can say about this beat, mixing wise, is that, the beat isn't overbearing. The levels are just right for the phase (demo) it is in currently.

I was highly disappointed when it came to the bridge. I was hoping for a magnum opus when it came to the transition going back into the chorus. I was wishing so hard for a, crazy piano progression; carried by the roughly light strings, directed by the bass sample, that I felt my sphincter exhale from anticipation.

Sadly, like a 17 year old virgin girl on prom night, I was let down by the performance.

Overall, this beat, to the ears of the common consumer and non-talented vocalist alike, is ready to go. As a future producer on a forum filled with your piers, this beat has it's issues (just like every other beat), but is not bad, in comparison to others within the same sub-forum. Yikes! I would like to see a more thought-out bridge and a drastic change within the entire progression of the beat. These two changes would boost the quality of the beat DRASTICALLY.

Until then...

3.5 out of 5.

:) :) :) :confused: :mad:

Back