Classic east coast track..all feed returned

dkelloway

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6770611

I know to create an east-coast like track you need to filter the bassline, but there was no bass in the sample, and I added my own bassline, that I feel is kind of cool, but off beat. I also chopped up an old drum break to give it that grimey, old school sound. any feedback is much appreciated. don't forget to drop your links

I think this is ok, I like ur chops n the way u flipped the sample, drums are ight. The only thing tat throws me off is tat off beat bass. If you fixed tat, ur beat would be alot better. Overall ok beat, keep it up.

chek out mine plz
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260640

I listen to some off ur other beats, U got some hot s*** and I gotta say tat "life is" is f***** crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i personally liked the bass alot. its a nice track to flow over cause its nice and simple. check out my beats on my myspace and hit me up. good track

Feelin the drums especially. Sound is definitely got the east coast feel. I think maybe the snare is too clean. Pretty cool I like how its simple so anyone can get on and rock it.

Aw man, I'm loving these beats too! I've heard some of the best underground beats ever tonight from you and GameofDeath. I like the atmosphere your beats have. I like Classic East Coast with that lunatic fringe sample at the beginning. The only thing I can recommend is a little tweaking of the bass. But Life is, is damn phenomenal. That is a certified banger with the right artist on it. I loved Amazing as well. Ish is hot man.

um the bass line blew it for me.......everything else was decent though.....this is some real east coast ish that you have on your page though, sounds real authentic.....I'm not a real east coast fan but your stuff sound real

That bassline def sounds better in the new one. Sounds like you added a little reverb and softened the volume. I know some think it sounds out of tune, and it is, but I can hear the bend back up to where it's tune before the note stops. I'm sure it would drop in my car. Good stuff.

i could barely hear the bassline, sample is hot, break is alright, and the sample is eerie. i like it though. o and as for the bass like try makin it sound in the same key as the sample butin a lower octave, ya get me?

I like this. Got no complaints about it other than the fact that the bassline sounds a little out of tune - maybe try bringing it up a whole step?

ah nice sample, especially the subtle string layer added at 1 minute in. and the variation after that. drums are on point, no complaints really at all, great beat. thanks for the feedback

nice chill beat. i like how the drums dropped in, they are hittin pretty good. i think the bass works well with this track. the beat is pretty consistant, maybe another drum pattern to catch em off guard. good work though.

thanks for hittin my thread as always.

Last edited:
old grimey type feel...the drums sound on point...the bass isn't bad, it give the joint a nice low end...it like the suspenseful strings that come in...and the filtered hit you have going on sounds dope.

You got some reall smooth laid back beats...im feeling the "life is" joint...its pretty dope bro....The east coast one im not really sure about...its a bit too smooth and laid back....but its not that bad i dont hate it....im just into more uptempo stuff....But i liked your style overall and did enjoy some of the tracks you had on there.....Check my new one out! thanks

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261539

Back