Can anyone please review by beats? **feedback returned**

Valentino

w*w.soundcllck.com/valentinoproductions

replace the '*' with a 'w' on the link above

Full songs are at the top of the page. My instrumentals have 'instrumental' next to the song title.They are further down the page

thanks!

Last edited:
Typing as I listen;
"Peek A Boo"
I am not a fan of cranking samples so they sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. You may look into a warp engine that can manipulate pitch and tempo independently

The rapping is straight on this one, good voice for rapping.
Hook is kinda dry. Timing isn't quite right. I want more from this beat

"Put your G'z up"
Is that an accent?
The vocal mix is a little dry and loud for the track. I would throw some more verb on it. and bring the track up. Once again, great rapping.
I don't like the tambourine sound, or the low brassy sound, make it brighter.

"Who Am I"
Funny lyrics. HAHAHA I am laughing out loud.
I think this is my favorite so far. The beat is simple, but your flow accomodates that and fills it out. Once again, I would bring the track out.

Fill out the hook... add an arp or something. Good delay though

Eerie sampling with the 9/11 newscast. Too soon?

The scratch is way lame.

Overall;
I like your sound, but I think the biggest issue is your mixdown. Work on balancing your tracks more. I think they can be wider (various pans, etc.) and the vocals can blend in more.

Nice.

Leave me feedback at https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302692

thx for your feedback! the tracks you reviewed were all part of a college project a couple of years ago and I realize there are a lot of amateur flaws with them, but it was all one giant learning curve.

The instrumentals further down the page are some of my newer tracks

And by the way, I do not rap on any of the songs you reviewed.The rappers are all local MCs.

I'm trying to load up the page but its not working for me bro. PM me when you get this so I can hit you up ASAP.

Peek A Boo: The hook is clean. I don't usually like high pitched samples but this didnt bother me too much. Felt like it could use a bassline. Not bad rapping.

Put Your G'z Up: Overall not my style. Can't really distinguish much going on in the beat. not feelin the rapper on this one.

Back